LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Aftab4u (PVT EMPLOYEE)     28 September 2013

Govt job-divorced wife

Dear Experts,

The person who was working in private firm got married and after a year he got divorce while he was still in private firm. after divorce of 2 years he got the govt job in that he has not mentioned his ex-wife details in SR. Pls let us know what are rights of that ex-wife against the person. After that he got married again to someone else and entered her deatils in SR does it lead to bigamy or any crime done by the person and what are the remedies available to him.

Thanks in advance



 6 Replies

Mustafa Bhat (Empolyed)     28 September 2013

Once Divorce has taken place that marriage is over.So, it won't have any effect. 


Chetan Joshi (Advisory/Advocacy)     28 September 2013


Prem Veer Singh (VP)     29 September 2013

if he merried so no write ex wife

Adv. Neha ( )     29 September 2013

Once divorce is granted, marriage is already dissolved. There is no need to mention the name of ur ex-wife.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     29 September 2013

The first marriage has been erased from your life then why do you want to continue it by writing it in the SR.  The SR of an employee will contain the details of his existing condition only, i.e., there is no necessity to inform each and every incidence that happened to you right from your childhood to your present employer unless it is material to disclose them, hence dont worry about nothing.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     01 October 2013

ex-wife of Govt servant has no rights on service benefits.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register