LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shanmuga pradeep   10 December 2023

Got mail from income tax department

Hello, I got this message from "CP-CMCPCI" and  i am confused why i received this. I left the company last year and not doing any job.

Is this fake or What should i do?

Here is message :

Attention SHANMUGA PRADEEP (XXXXX1425X)
As per information available in your case on Compliance Portal of the Income Tax Department, you were supposed to file your ITR for A.Y. 2023-24 but the same has not yet been filed. Please file your ITR or submit online response under ''e-Campaign'' tab on ''Compliance Portal''. After login to the e-filing Portal (https://www.incometax.gov.in), go to ''Pending Actions'' tab and click on ''Compliance Portal''. On Compliance Portal, navigate to ''e-Campaign tab'' and view campaign type ''Non filers'' to submit response. Please ignore if ITR has already been filed. - Income Tax Department

Learning

3 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     10 December 2023

Whether you have income or not, you shall file IT return.  If you already file ignore that message or if not filed, now file the IT return. 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     10 December 2023

Since you were filing ITRs earlier, it is mandatory for you to continue to file even nil returns.

Hence better contact your auditor and file the same at the earliest

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     11 December 2023

The website belongs to IT department and the message is not fake, you should submit your eturn even showing zero income 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register