LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Avijit   05 March 2023

Gift deed for central government employees

I am a central government employee. My father wants to gift me a sum of money approx 3L via registered gift deed. 

Can I receive the same if I declare it in my office and whether it comes under exempted list of donor for the purpose of gift tax at the hands of donee?





 4 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     05 March 2023

It is not that if you intimate.  You have to intimate if your basic pay is not Rs 1.5 lakh.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     05 March 2023

You can receive gift from your father either as a cash or property by a deed signed by him with your signature for accepting it.

Then you can declare this in your IT returns and also inform your employer in writing about this transaction by attaching the copy of the gift deed.


Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     05 March 2023

No bar.You have to inform to the department with the details and sonar with the purpose.

Avijit   05 March 2023

So sir, by having a registered gift deed and informing office is sufficient, and i am not violating CCS rules also. 


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register