Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mukesh (nil)     14 June 2010

Gift Deed

Dear Sir,

I purchased ( I made payment in cash) a shop in my mother's name when I was a brchlor in 1986 to secure her future.

We are four brothers in all.

Now I want that property back to be fully transfered in my favour, excluding the 3 brothers.

How can that be done ?

The solution shouldn't be challengable in future ( I don't want to get in to litigations)


 4 Replies

Devajyoti Barman (Advocate)     14 June 2010

Making a gift in your favour would be a better option.

1 Like



if ur mother executes the gift deed  in ur favour its  an better option available to u

1 Like

Mukesh (nil)     15 June 2010


Thanks for your reply.

There is 2 % Stamp duty and 1 % Registration charge on Gift Deed here in Maharashtra. Is there any other alternative to this?

My mother is not earning.

Can not the three brothers try to prove that this shop she got from my father ? Since the payment was made in cash, I afraid that they may try to prove that payment for the said shop to the builder was made by my  father?

Can not  the  gift deed be challenged ?

I Appriciate your expert comments.

Thanks and Regards.

kranthi (retainer advocate)     17 June 2010

 first of all u purchased the property, if the property is purchased frm ur own earnings and it is proved there is no problem. if the is purchased frm ur father / grand father property it will be some problem

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query