LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Veerendra   06 March 2017

Forgery of title deed

My grand father has few acres of land. My father and his brother partition their property 30 years back. Recently my father got high rate in market because this my father brother forged documents and my father partion to him and his partion to my father. He forged original title deed of him.we are taking loans from banks from last 30 years. How we can proceed?

Learning

12 Replies

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     06 March 2017

You prove through handwriting expert evidence that title documents are forged by your uncle with a view to grab lion's share of property bestowed by your grandfather on your father and paternal uncle if your father prepares himself to go to a court of law. Contact good civil/property expert lawyer and discuss.

1 Like

(Guest)

How to go about the case cannot be explained on a onlne forum.  You need to hire services of a advocate locally who deals with land matters.

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     06 March 2017

I agree with learned friend Helping Hand.  Forum can be used for clarification of a legal point.

However, in your question, you have not given details.  Whether your Uncle sold the property? or trying to sell the property.  If your Uncle is still only trying to sell the property but not sold, urgently approach appropirate court having jurisdiction and obtain a Stay Order or Caviat making your Uncle a party which will prevent him from alienating the property.  Once the Court order is received, get the same published in all leading and local news papers informing the public. Ensure that the copies of Court orders are given to the Registration Authorities also. If your Uncle already alienated the property, file a case in a court having jurisdiction against your Uncle and the Buyer naming them both praying for annulling the sale deed.

For all this you need a honest and good Lawyer. Make appropriate enquires locally and obtain professional help.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     06 March 2017

I am unable to understand the query.  If there is partition between your father and your uncle, your father may also be having copy of that document, and I could not understand as to how title deed can be forged, when a copy is remaining with your father.

Hi G.L.N prasad, Thanks for reply. He modified his title deed. He also modified in records of Ap government.

Hi G.L.N prasad, Thanks for reply. He modified his title deed. He also modified in records of Ap government.

rajeev sharma (Advocate Ex senior manager law )     06 March 2017

Mr Veerendra you have not explained your problem properly. What I could understand is that there was a partition of property and as per your version some document of partition was also written between your father and your uncle otherwise there may not be  a forged document. Then you proceed to say that on this document b\name of your father was substituted with his own name by your uncle.

If any partition took place by execution of a document was it not registered as is required ? Whether it was executed in presence of any witnesses ? Who drafted that and on whose instructions ? When name in land records were being mutated whether any notice was issued to you by mutating authority ? How you came to know about fraud?

IT will be better if you consult a good lawyer and initiate proceedings as advised by him

Kumar Doab (FIN)     06 March 2017

The partition is Oral or Registered?

Is the mutation record is government is changed by forged documents?

You may obtain authenticated copies of mutation records with link documents and consult a very able counsel specializing in revenue/property/civi  matters.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register