LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

atul mehta (director)     01 August 2011

Forceful detention of commercial vehicles

I own a fleet of commercial vehicles. Me and my diesel supplier (gas station owner) had an understanding. He offered me credit of 60 days. I have been regularly paying him and wish to continue this. However, now my total outstanding has come to about 20 lac rupees. And with no warning, he is calling upon the whole sum. I dont have the means to pay him as of now. He has begun to blackmail me to pay up. During the agreement, he asked for a few blank cheques which i gave him. Which is why he has an upper hand. also, now he has forcefully detained my vehicles. I have to take some serious action towards this.

Could you please guide me as to how i could get my vehicles released as soon as I can?  And also, other legal measure that I  can take towards his actions.

Thank you


 9 Replies

Doveson (advocate)     01 August 2011

He exercises a right of lien on ur trucks. Try to settle it. Is there any written agreement?

Democratic Indian (n/a)     02 August 2011

Yes try to settle the matter. As far as I know, the usual business practice for credit to inter State trucks by petrol pumps is for 1 trip only.

atul mehta (director)     02 August 2011

No, there is no written agreement. I tried to settle but he does not agree or negotiate.please inform urgently what steps can be taken as the lien of vehicle are only with the banker who have running finance due still on them. Regards.

girish shringi (advocate)     02 August 2011

I don't know which type of director are you?

At once you write that there is agreement of 60 days and on the other you are not in wrinting the same but you must be having the supply and payment detail with you and bank confirmed trasactions with the party,now you give the same statement in the writing tio the party and tell him the fact about your financial condition and agreement thereof and get solved your problem.

Now he will understand because republican have understood the situation of America and Obama.





atul mehta (director)     02 August 2011

I mentioned we had understanding but nothing in writing and in bussiness mostly trust factor Works .

SACHIN AGARWAL (ADVOCATE)     12 August 2011

When there is no agreement in writing, you he has no right to capture the vehicles forcefully and he may sue you for outstanding pyments.

You just engage some local laywer and serve a notice upon the petrol pump owner for return of the Cheques issued and delivered to him to keep in security before he get the Cheques dishonored.

atul mehta (director)     13 August 2011

But what should I do firstly to get my vehicles on immeadiate basis. Thank you for advice.

atul mehta (director)     27 March 2012

I have a case of 138 against me, I want to pay amount but other party is not ready what should I do.

atul mehta (director)     27 March 2012

I have a case of 138 against me, I want to pay amount but other party is not ready what should I do.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads