LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

srinivas s (SE)     19 February 2021

For insuance policy claim settlement

I have joint policy(me and my wife), she expired 4 years back. At that time inlaws raised FIR(with sections IPC 306 and 498) against me. When I applied for insurance claim, insurance people are asking for succession certificate for claim settlement as there was FIR raised on me, I already provided relinquishment deed to transfer my ownership rights to my kids. can you please suggest me do i really required succession certificate to claim the insurance. I am the nominee of the policy(joint policy, if something happens to me, nominee is my wife, if something happens to my wife, i am the nominee, as it is joint policy).

I passed the all rights to my kids mentioning clearly in RELINQUISHMENT DEED.

Thanks & Regards

Srinivas  

Learning

2 Replies

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     20 February 2021

I presume the Policy is a Life Policy with you and your Deceased wife holding the same Jointly. An FIR is raised against you.  What was the specific reason for such FIR?

Under normal circumstances, when one of the Joint Policy Holders expires, the survivor gets the amount as per the conditions and provisions of the Policy. and Nomination is not needed or necessary.  In fact, when it is a Joint Policy, the survivor gets the policy money. 

Some Link or detail is missing in the matter.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     21 February 2021

Insurance policy has to be for an individual and not for joint names,

It is a hypothetical question..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register