Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shashank Kumar Mishra (Student)     11 January 2015

Financial inclusion and banking

Hi,

I am working on a paper on financial inclusion and banking. I'd like your valuable inputs, especially regarding the Banking Law of the country in this regard.

Please share you insights on the topic

Thanks

Learning

7 Replies

malipeddi jaggarao (retired banker)     12 January 2015

Ask your specific requirement.  I am well versed in Banking Laws.  You can discuss on any topic relating to banking law with me. 

Shashank Kumar Mishra (Student)     14 January 2015

Sir,

Precisely I wish to understand

1.whether there are provisions in banking regulation act of any other law in force that might hinder in achieving financial inclusion in India.

2. What changes can be brought in Law to Facilitate Financial Inclusion.

3. What legal Issues the Prdhan Mantri Jan Dhan yojna may have to deal with.

4. is there any discrepancy between law of the land and government policies on financial Inclusion.

Clarification: By Financial Inclusion here I mean availability of basic banking services to all classes of people.

please express you views of the above mentioned.

Thanking you in anticipation 

malipeddi jaggarao (retired banker)     26 January 2015

I have sent a Private Message to you giving some guidance.  Please confirm.

1 Like

malipeddi jaggarao (retired banker)     26 January 2015

Dear Mr.Shashank,

It appears the PM is aborted.  Hence I am repeating the contents hereunder: 

For your queries, you need to study the existing Indian Laws relating to Banking/Financial Sector.  The following are the important acts to be studied:

IMPORTANT ACTS ON BANKING LAWS IN INDIA

1) The Bankers Books Evidence Act 1891

2) Banking Companies (Acquisition & Transfer of undertakings Act) 1970

3) Banking Regulation Act 1949

4) Credit Information Companies Act 2005

5) Deposit Insurance & Credit Guarantee Corporation Act 1961

6) Deposit Insurance Corporation (Amendment & Misc.Provisions) Act 1978.

7) Export Import Bank of India Act 1961

8) Industrial Finance Corporation (Transfer of Undertaking & Repeal) Act 1993

9) Interest Act 1978

10) National Bank for Agriculture & Rural Development Act 1981

11) Negotiable Instruments Act 1881

12) Payment & Settlement Systems Act 2007

13) Recovery of Debts Due to Banks & Financial Institutions Act 1993

14) Regional Rural Banks Act 1976

19) Reserve Bank (Transfer of Public Ownership) Act 1948

20) Reserve Bank of India Act 1934

21) Securitization and Reconstruction of Financial Assets & Enforcement of Security    

Interest Act 2002.

22) State Financial Corporations Act 1957

Note: All these acts are available on various web sites in the Internet.  The most important for your paper are 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 9, 10, 11, 13, 14, 30, 22.  I will not give spoon feeding.  Go through the acts and come back to me if you have any doubts on my mail id:  jaggaraom@gmail.com   Wish you best of luck!

JAGGARAO MALIPEDDI

Expert member on the panel of website LCI 

1 Like

(Guest)

Dear Jaggarao,

If by Financial Inclusion the querist means to convey the availability of basic banking services to all classes of people, would the items # (2), (5), (6), (21) are likely to help in his paper?

1 Like

(Guest)

Hi Shashank,

Shri Malipeddi Jaggarao has suggested quite useful literature to help you bring out a qualitative paper. Of course, you may have to concentrate much to extract the very important and crucial contents out ot the said literature to write in your own language to avoid plagiarism.

In addition, please don't forget to read important circulars of the RBI, the regulator of the banking industry, as issued from time to time to regulate the banking systems. Those contents can well be retrieved from the website of the RBI.

1 Like

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     03 March 2015

appreciate above answers and also read about banking related judgments which will help you to analazye you to view different sections used to the judgement by the HOn'ble courts in the cases 

you can search through different website for the banking related judgment for your study and newspapers 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register