LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

balaram (director)     23 June 2015

False maintainance case

Dear All,

I am married 79 years back and we were togather very few days and my wife left with her willing only. Later she filed mainainance case and managed to get Alimony for her by saying she is un-employee. we don't have kids. Now I came to know her that she is working as a professor in a Governament aided engineering college. I have her payslips and her profile is updated in the college faculty site with her picture. But my lawyer is telling me that it is not useful, you have to pay moeny to her, I am not able to understand why I have to pay if she is earning 25 thousand rupees every month.


Can some one suggest and help me in this, thansk in advance.



 3 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     23 June 2015

A family court,Bombay recently has observed that a well-qualified woman cannot claim maintenance from her husband. "The wife who is well-qualified and claiming maintenance by sitting idle is not entitled to get maintenance. The wife is not entitled to advantage of her own wrong, she cannot harass the husband on the count of maintenance though she is capable to earn," the court said 

saravanan s (legal advisor)     24 June 2015

you can file a modification petition in the court to revise the maintenance amount as per the existing circumstance by showing the proofs you have

Born Fighter (xxx)     10 January 2016

Your lawyer is misguiding you.

You have the right to reject her maintenance if she is earning sufficient to maintain herself.

Im assuming the divorce is not through....Submit the proofs and also a case of Perjury for supressing material facts from the court, also claim the money you have paid her despite her earning for herself, no harm filing the same

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Related Threads


Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query