LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mcweil Pereira   12 April 2021

Fake online advertising scam

How do we approach getting a refund for fake online marketing after the amount has been paid through UPI. I have filed a police complaint online. but haven't gotten any responses.

 7 Replies

Hemant Agarwal ( Mumbai : 9820174108)     12 April 2021

1. Online Complaints usually do not work. Go personally & file FIR, for issues related to your grievances with supporting documentary evidences.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal 

sneha jaiswal   12 April 2021

Hello, Greetings of the day!

For fake online advertising scam, you can approach to Consumer forum in your respective district or you can file complaint online at NCDRC website.


Hope it helps


Sneha Jaiswal 

Mcweil Pereira   12 April 2021

Thank you both for your responses, im not a local so find it a bit difficult to go in person. But I will have to try.

Amol Kende (No)     12 April 2021

fake advertisers don't have responsible to revert to cf you have to go as per the FIR of 420 Financial fraud

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     12 April 2021

file a complaint as suggested by expert Mr Hemant Agarwal i do endorse his suggestion

Mcweil Pereira   12 April 2021

I went to police, they said they can't help me. I dont understand our legal system. bank said only police can help me get the amount back. but everyone I spoke to said in India its different. nothing happens. can anyone help me further?
1 Like

aditi srivastava   12 April 2021

respected sir,

If you are suffering from a payment fraud then you note down the details available and report it. In the case of UPI, you should report the fraud to both their bank and the payment company whether it is Google Pay, Paytm, etc. In case of a payment fraud on an e-commerce website, customers can file the complaint with the card issuing bank. For example if you’ve used an SBI debit or credit card for the transaction, you should report the fraud to SBI. Once the complaint has been registered with the concerned company, you can file for FIR to local cyber-crime police department. The Ministry of Home Affairs has a specific portal related to cyber crimes. The NPCI has published various FAQs explaining the steps to be taken by customers in case of a UPI, IMPS, FASTag, Aadhar Enabled Payments System or Bharat QR fraud also there is a specific portal for reporting complaints on the Bharat Bill Payment System.

hope you find this helpful


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

LCI Learning Hindu Laws

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query