I'll keep this short and to the point; any help is highly appreciated.
How it all started:
- My brother married a girl in Dec 2009.
- They went to Delhi, Jodhpur, etc along with the girl's dad -- as he had to claim his property which was illegally acquired by someone, or so he says.
- 15 days trip ends; they come back home.
- She does nothing all day long. And mom does everything for HER -- from serving to cleaning stuff.
- She must be liking this new environment.
- She says she wants to visit her mom's house, and we are okay with it.
- After 4 days, she makes it clear that she doesn't "like" to stay here. It was a shocker. This happened over the phone.
- Upon inquiring what to do next, she -- with her parents support -- plans to leave it as it is and we move on with our life.
- Their family came home, took their belongings and we signed a letter, did video recording of these happenings.
- They left. No divorce (hoping that the barrier would be sealed) yet. Things move on.
- One year of marriage and my brother is alone, with us. We never talk to them, on phone or through letters. No conversation with any of their relatives.
- No news. We once planned to take an initiative of filing a case for divorce but we backed out. We never wanted to be the first to take action because it wouldn't be wise decision, we thought.
- Finally, they took the initiative.
- Police came home and according to them the FIR Was filed. And police had arrest warrant for my mom, uncle and brother. My dad doesn't stay with us (been 10 years; never was involved in anything).
- Police guys are money eaters, and they are asking 10-20k for bailing. Plus, the case was of us harassing the girl every month -- where the fact is we never did anything like that. How could we when she wasn't here with us?
- The case is fake. Still police decides to put my brother in the station, and then in central jail for 2 days.
I am not the victim, but my brother is. You know, this hurts, and with no dad or anyone around who could help us, we are stuck with a bakwaas lawyer.
My brother is out of jail. Never took any money; zero dowry. Mom and uncle hasn't received their anticipatory bail yet, and the lawyer told us this bail would take 15 days. Is this true? Because the police guys are calling my mom everyday and we are trying our best to avoid them.
My brother has his hearing on 11th of this month, but as my mom and uncle hasn't received the bail yet, what should we do. This is the first time in we are involved into this "court" chakkar, and it is getting frustrating.
Please provide us with your insight; any help is highly appreciated.