LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Barren Doe   25 July 2020

F&o loss

Hi I have made F&O Loss for the Financial year 2019-20. I don't want to set off or carry forward the loss - 1. Do I still need to show the loss in income tax filling? 2. Since I don't want to set off or carry forward the loss for future do I have to still go through Audit process. Appreciate experts help please.

Learning

5 Replies

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     26 July 2020

1. YES.  You need to declare "ALL" Profit and Loss in your Income Tax returns, to avoid future scrutiny and any concealment prosecutions.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     26 July 2020

It is always better to consult/engage a professional CA for such guidance, as accounting losses and submitting such statement helps in many counts like depreciation, financial analysis of the specific reason for the loss and for availing finance.

Barren Doe   26 July 2020

Thanks, but is the audit mandatory in case I don't want to offset or carry forward the loss incurred and my turnover is less than 1 cr.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     26 July 2020

Seek professional services of a chartered accountant, this platform is for social service by lawyers.

The Techies (Student)     11 December 2020

Originally posted by : Barren Doe
Thanks, but is the audit mandatory in case I don't want to offset or carry forward the loss incurred and my turnover is less than 1 cr.

No, audit is not necessary if you don't want to carry forward your losses and turnover is less than 1 cr!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register