LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anil Chowdari (Sr. Engineer - Civil)     03 January 2013

Experience letter & salary statement

I have worked in an organization for more than 4 years and now i have applied for resignation to  the company. They have agreed verbally and refused to sign on any paper work. stating verbal is sufficient. But the management is not issuing me Experience Letter & Salary Statement. Even at the time of joining they havent given me any appointment letter.

I have left the company by nov 30 2012,  By repeated emails to the company  regaring the certificates they have called me for discussion. I  was asked to carry out a task and the start date of that task was even not known by the company. Still i have waited one month and there was no initiation of the task. When i personally discussed again with the top management they were repeating the same story and unwilling to give any certificates with out any cause.  For your kind notice, i dosent have any unfair record in the company.

Becuase of the attitude of the company, I was loosing my valuable career as i cant apply to any other companies. Even it was making my family into finianclal troubles.

I humbly request you to suggest me the right step to be taken.

Learning

6 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     03 January 2013

How the company was paying salary to you, bank transfer in salary a/c, cheque..?

The employee should not join employer who does not issue appointment letter, salary slip, does not provide any statutory benefits like Gratuity, PF………and employee should avoid unscrupulous employers.

What is your establishment a Factory, commercial establishment etc…?

Even if does not issue appointment letter it has to register and display the registration certificate at entrance. You may check.

If it is covered under SE Act, then it should issue appointment letter. The salary/pay slip should be signed by both employer/employee.

SE Act Delhi:

19.  TIME AND CONDITIONS OF PAYMENT OF WAGES.

21.  CLAIMS RELATING TO WAGES

30.  NOTICE OF DISMISSAL.

33.  RECORDS.

34.    EMPLOYER TO FURNISH LETTERS OF APPOINTMENT TO EMPLOYEES.

41.    WILFULLY MAKING FALSE ENTRIES.

You may look into SE Act applicable to your state which may be available at Dept. of Labor website of your state or you may buy from market.

If your establishment is covered under IESO Act and framed its certified standing orders then it should display the standing orders on notice board and supply the copy to employee against a nominal charge say Rs.10/.

If certified standing orders are not framed model standing orders shall apply.

The IESO act, model standing orders may be available at Dept. of Labor website of your state or you may buy from market.

13.  Termination of employment

16.  Certificate on termination of service.--Every permanent  workman shall be entitled to a service certificate at the time of his dismissal, discharge or retirement from service.

NOTE. - There is a provision under  this  Act for issuing a service certificate at the time of  dismissal, discharge or retirement and every person is entitled to take such certificate.

If no appointment letter has been issued you have not signed any contractual obligation of tendering notice period etc.

However company is under obligation to issue you appointment letter, salary certificate, work experience/service certificate and if nothing is due against you the reliving letter also.

In a given situation employee can invoke ID Act, SE Act, Payment of Wages Act, IESO Act etc as per explanation of employee under these enactments.

If your wages {as per definition of wages in Payment of Wages Act} are up to Rs.160000/pm you can agitate under the Act. It is felt that this act is applicable to all employees including managers. You can visit the officials at O/o Labor Commissioner, Wages Inspector and they may advice you and show you the way out.

Your lawyer may ask you a set of structured questions and may opine that you fall within the category of a workman.

The influential leaders in your community and acquaintances may agree to accompany you or refer you to influential officials who have a handle on this employer and force him to clear your dues and documents.

Or you shall have to issue a legal notice and agitate in Civil Court.

Attached File : 595538022 delhi shops & establishments act, 1954.pdf, 595538022 model%20standing%20orders.doc downloaded: 268 times

M.S.R.Murty ( Manager (Admn))     03 January 2013

Dear Mr.Anil,

Send your resignation and request for service & releaving letter through Registered Post Ack.due in the name of authorised person.  After getting reply from them, you can go further.  Appointment letter not only a proof to prove your service in the Company.  

Anil Chowdari (Sr. Engineer - Civil)     07 January 2013

Sir,

The company was paying me by means of bank deposits. My obervation since one month made me understood that they were simply trying to leave this issue unbothered as there was no replies in any of documental manner i.e like letters / e-mails and the replies were only verbal. 

Is it legal to recored a phone conversation in this issue ?

If once proceded to take legal action, it might take time for justice, but in mean while as my source of income is my salary , i will be into finiancial troubles.

So, can  i claim my salary ( same as the amount deposited into bank accounts earlier ) for the non working period.

In a simple way to understand you they were adopting the USE & THROUGH Policy.

Kindly help me

M.S.R.Murty ( Manager (Admn))     07 January 2013

Dear Mr.Anil,

Please send your resignation through Regd.Post & ack.due and request for Service as well as releaving certificates and terminal benefits. Your further action lies on their reply.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     07 January 2013

Whatever company may say if you have the recorded conversation it is evidence in your hands.

You have posted that company is not issuing any reply in writing on record.

Are you unemployed due to non issuance of service/work experience certificate, reliving letter, and salary certificate? Or you had to join a company at lower wages?

You should point out all difficulties and loss suffered by you to company.

As suggested by Mr. Murthy you may set the ball rolling by submitting your representation by letter thru redg. post addressed to god offices of your appointing authority, MD, Chairman, Company Secretary and set a date and deadline for reply and supply of your docs.

If the good offices also do not provide any relief you have the option to approach your lawyer, Inspector under SE Act, O/o Labor Commissioner, etc….

Anil Chowdari (Sr. Engineer - Civil)     08 January 2013

Sirs,

I was unemployeed currently  i havent joined any where for low wages as it effects my career prospectus.  so when i need to go for any interview the first thing is the supporting document  for experience & salary are required. As these were not issued i was unemployeed.

So Can i claim the salary for unemployed period as the mistake was on companys part.

As suggested i will sent the request letter for required documents & terminal benfits through ack.post and wil inform you regarding the action taken by the company.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register