LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kalhan raina (None)     26 April 2013

Employer refuses to pay 2 months salary

6 months ago, I started working in a customer service center for a US company who have outsourced their work to my employer in Pune. I worked there for 6 months and received a salary. I recently quit and my employer now refuses to pay me my last 2 months salary plus overtime charges.

The business my employer is running is not registered, hence there is no written proof of me having worked there. There are, however, ex employers who are willing to back me up and testify, if necessary. I also have email correspondence which will firmly establish my having worked there.

I would like to avoid any big expenditures, is it possible for me to send them a court summons or something that might coax them into paying me? I'm not really a wealthy person and I don't think I can hire a lawyer etc.

Learning

3 Replies

Vidhi Joshi (Trademark Registration Mumbai | IPR Firm | Mumbai | Start Up Lawyer | Copyright Lawyer)     26 April 2013

as you said you don't have any written proof, you might show salary slips, bank credit receipts etc to show your association with the comapny, later you need to send a legal notice to your employer through a lawyer.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     27 April 2013

You may approach Labor Inspector in O/o Labor commissioner, Inspector Under Payment of Wages Act, Inspector under Payment of Wages Act

Their contact details might be available at Dept. of Labor Website of your state, o/o Labor Commissioner at your location.  

M.S.R.Murty ( Manager (Admn))     28 April 2013

Raina Ji,

Kumarji advised well and you better to approach Labour Department.  They will verify how the firm running without registration. Even if the Firm exempted from registration also, the Department will help you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register