Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mr M (Teacher)     08 May 2013

Employer paying settlement

Dear experts

My employer and I mutually agreed to terminate a 2 year contract at the end of the first year. It was initiated by the employer. While I dispute the reasons, I would rather leave at the end of the 1st year and collect the one year salary and other benefits including relocation and unused sick/personal days.

Recently, the employer has transfered all my duties to other employees. There is no paper trail and everything was done face to face and by phone. They have verbally told me that I do not need to come into work. I have come in everyday, but have done nothing, as I believe that I will be in breach of my contract if I didn't come, and will not be paid anything. I have requested that the employer give me a letter stating that I can still collect my pay. They also have threatened to not pay me if I bring the employers business in disrepute. I personally have no idea what they are talking about. I am starting to believe they are planning to not pay anything.

My understanding is that if the employer initiates the dismissal, they need to settle all finances on the last official day of work. They insist that they will only pay me at the scheduled pay days.

I still have 3 months salary due.

I am also a foreign worker.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register