LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prasenjit De (Unemployed)     19 May 2014

Employer not settling account

I joined a pharmaceutical company as a Business Head on 3rd October’2013 and was handed over the offer letter, but never got an appointment letter even after repeated reminders. On 17th October, the director of the company said that he cannot pay the salary of October. I was shocked to hear it on the first month of joining. After lot of convincing being done, he released the salary of October’2013.

But, to my utter dismay again on the mid of November,got a text message from the Chairman of the company, that the salary will be on % basis of total collection of payment collected from the market, for which the entire team objected, as we were hired on salary basis and not on commission basis. On 15th November got a text message from the Chairman of the company that Pharma closed, without giving any prior notice.

After seeing the utter nonsense going on in the company in all departments, I resigned from the services of the company on 21st November’2013.

The company did not pay my salary for the month of November and field expenses for the month of October& November. Nearly 10 times I went to the office after I resigned, and asked the director to pay my salary and settle my account by clearing all my dues. But every-time he makes false false promises and it is now 6 months he is doing so. I have written nearly 15 mails to the company, but not a single mail was replied.

The following things were never received by me:-

1) Salary-November                                           3) Appointment Letter                           5) F&F Statement

2) Expenses-October & November                  4) P.F                                                        6) Relieving letter

7) Resignation acceptance

Kindly guide what should I do?? as now it is absolutely clear the company will not settle my A/C……….

The sudden closure of the company without any prior notice had affected my career, finance and mental peace and above all not able to take proper medical care of my old parents.

Learning

18 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     19 May 2014

You have posted that:

----“salary will be on % basis of total collection of payment collected from the market, for which the entire team objected, as we were hired on salary basis and not on commission basis.”

Did each one in team object in writing under acknowledgment and do you have copies with POD? If yes the written communications may be perused.

Do you have copy of the said Text/SMS message?

Does offer letter issued to you mention about salary?

The collection of payment of which Bills:::::the sale orders collected by you/team of previous sale?

The bills are raised by  company in the name of clients and employees at the most are expected to follow up. Employees are not buyers and not liable to pay.

----“On 15th November got a text message from the Chairman of the company that Pharma closed, without giving any prior notice.”

Do you have copy of the said Text/SMS message?

Did you mention the said Text/SMS message in various emails sent by you?

If yes the company should tender lay off/retrenchment compensation to all employees as per applicable laws, standing orders, applicable policy of the company.

After the Text/SMS message regarding closure of business what was the need for resignation? Did you mention the reason e.g. non payment of wages, closure of company etc in notice of resignation/resignation?

What was the notice period/rate of notice pay stated in offer letter issued to you?

If it was not mentioned you should claim notice period/notice pay is not part of agreed T&C in your case. Since no appointment letter was ever issued to you so you should succeed.

The company on its part may claim that the service rules and regulations, HR policy that governs the employment does have clauses on notice period/notice pay, and that……………………………the relationship is of Master-Servant and specific relief Act shall apply and contract of personal service can’t be enforced in court of law………………….etc to defend its interest.

----“On 17th October, the director of the company said that he cannot pay the salary of October. I was shocked to hear it on the first month of joining. After lot of convincing being done, he released the salary of October’2013.”

On which date the salary was paid?

Did you get salary slip?

----“ Nearly 10 times I went to the office after I resigned, and asked the director to pay my salary and settle my account by clearing all my dues. But every-time he makes false false promises and it is now 6 months he is doing so.

Did you record the meeting (audio/visual), phone calls (audio), cover the meeting in minutes of meeting in emails sent by you?

If you have recorded (audio/visual) and have witness (es) then it may amount to admission to pay and admission of debt.

Has your designation, role, responsibilities been described in offer letter issued to you? Does it state that you are empowered to sanction leave, sign appointment letters, termination orders, increments etc and did you ever do so?

Your lawyer may opine that the designation given to you was a glorified/for name sake only and you would be covered as ‘Workman’ as in ID Act, ‘Employee’ as in (Name of the state) Shops and Commercial Establishments Act?

Do all team members agree to be a witness to each other?

Have they also submitted complaints?

What is this company/establishment registered as: Commercial, Industrial, Small Enterprise?

It should have displayed its registration Certificate at a conspicuous place e.g near entrance/on notice board!

How many employees are employed in it?           

What was your designation in offer letter and nature of duties?  

You were located in which state and does company have an office in your state?

Does company have any office at your current location?   

Has it stated notice period/pay in offer letter?

Do you have copy of resignation letter submitted by you and its POD, acknowledgment?

Did the company ask you to serve notice period in writing, handover the charge and company property and do you have copies and acknowledgments?

Are you and team members::: members of any employee’s unions/trade unions?         

Do you have any evidence/acknowledgment  of having submitted  expense statement and eligibility of allowances/fare and copy of approved TP?

The above info shall help hence post it.

Biswanath Roy (Advocate)     19 May 2014

Send a Demand Notice through your lawyer  demanding your dues, if the demanded sum is not paid  then file a summery suit for recovery by engaging a competent Advocate.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     20 May 2014

Now it is important that you send a lawyer's notice demanding the amount remains to be settled on  your termination from the organisation and on no reply or no action, think about contemplating legal actions against the company.

Prasenjit De (Unemployed)     20 May 2014

Thank You Kumar sir/Biswanath sir/Kalaiselvan sir for your kind and valuable advices. This is to reply Mr. Kumar queries marked in blue.

You have posted that:

----“salary will be on % basis of total collection of payment collected from the market, for which the entire team objected, as we were hired on salary basis and not on commission basis.”

Did each one in team object in writing under acknowledgment and do you have copies with POD? If yes the written communications may be perused.-No,there wasn’t any written communication. The entire team went on unpaid leave, as they were not ready to work under commission basis. Since,November was the month of Diwali, the company agreed upon to pay the Salary, but not the expenses.

Do you have copy of the said Text/SMS message?-Yes I have the copy of Text/SMS.

Does offer letter issued to you mention about salary?-It mentions the CTC/annum, but not the break up

The collection of payment of which Bills:::::the sale orders collected by you/team of previous sale?-It confines to the payment collected from the market of the stocks/goods given in the market. For e.g-20% of MRP. So to generate everybody’s salary, we had to bring back the payment from the market accordingly, which was next to impossible task and was an indicator to leave.

The bills are raised by  company in the name of clients and employees at the most are expected to follow up. Employees are not buyers and not liable to pay.-The company has channel partners who have purchased the goods on consignment basis (payment on realization of payment from market).The field-staff sells the products in market(OTC team through retail counters & Pharma team through promotion at Doctors level).The initial bills are raised by company C&F to various distributors. So the collection has to be from the distributors. Its a vicious cycle basically.

----“On 15th November got a text message from the Chairman of the company that Pharma closed, without giving any prior notice.”

Do you have copy of the said Text/SMS message?-Unfortunately, that SMS has got deleted somehow.

Did you mention the said Text/SMS message in various emails sent by you?-The reverted SMS from my side to the Chairman is still there on my sent item.

If yes the company should tender lay off/retrenchment compensation to all employees as per applicable laws, standing orders, applicable policy of the company.-They have made mockery of all laws. Initially when I joined thinking it’s a big group, but inside it was hollow and shallow. I joined after my predecessor before me was asked to leave the company, along with the entire office Delhi staff. The next day after I joined, I had a meeting with the Chairman and was instructed to dismantle the entire team of nearly 100 people as according to him, no one was working and then select a small team out of them or I can bring my own team. I indicated the Chairman, this will create panic in the market and negative vibes will flow in the market. But he was too rigid on his decision as he wanted cost-cutting. How will you judge a team’s performance in 15 days time? An illegal injusticewas on the cards which was to executed by me.1st Sep they had launched the products in the market, and 15th Sep the company said they won’t pay Sep salary and 3rd Oct I joined with all chaotic burden on my head which I was not aware of.5th Oct the entire team was called at Delhi office to resign. But the senior managers made the team together and opposed to give resignation. The company wanted to fire the gun through me. As soon as the company announced they wont pay the salary even, the entire team went bizarre, and I had to save the director getting beaten by the mob. Very tactfully, I had to handle the situation as any time police could have come on seeing the hungama going on in a posh Official area. I immediately called Chairman, and said to pay the salary to keep the things under control. In the mean time I took one of senior managers under my confidence, and promised him the safety of his job to disintegrate the mob and it happened accordingly. All were paid their Sep salary, and simultaneously resignation property handover was done and was told the expences will be cleared during F&F settlement which was never done barring few who created chaos in front of the Chairman’s house. On 7th & 8th Oct, conducted the interviews of 100 people from 8am to 10 Pm and finally selected the best 35 people to look after Delhi and NCR.

After the Text/SMS message regarding closure of business what was the need for resignation? Did you mention the reason e.g. non payment of wages, closure of company etc in notice of resignation/resignation?-There was a big reason of resigning, as me by then had come to know that, the company’s intentions are not good and I will be only playing with my career if I stick there any longer. As I was heading Pharma and OTC team both, once the Pharma division was winded up, OTC div will be winded up at sooner or later.They delayed the OTC closure as lot of stakes were there on the market. And all the backlogs and payment fuss would have come on my head which has happened before my joining.

No I didn’t mention that on my resignation.

What was the notice period/rate of notice pay stated in offer letter issued to you?

If it was not mentioned you should claim notice period/notice pay is not part of agreed T&C in your case. Since no appointment letter was ever issued to you so you should succeed.-Nothing as such is mentioned on the offer letter.

The company on its part may claim that the service rules and regulations, HR policy that governs the employment does have clauses on notice period/notice pay, and that……………………………the relationship is of Master-Servant and specific relief Act shall apply and contract of personal service can’t be enforced in court of law………………….etc to defend its interest.As I told you earlier they have done mockery of all laws……..even on PF. Neither PF numbers were given, nor the contribution from both the sides were submitted at the PF office. There was a notice from the PF office, then they acted upon. They are basically from the distilleries industry and wanted to enter into the pharma industry with a big dream project having impractical and illogical plans which failed in the market and everything boomeranged on them.

----“On 17th October, the director of the company said that he cannot pay the salary of October. I was shocked to hear it on the first month of joining. After lot of convincing being done, he released the salary of October’2013.”

On which date the salary was paid?-2 days before Diwali, last year. I prepared it along with the HR executive and all details are with me.

Did you get salary slip?-They do-not have a practice of salary slip.

----“ Nearly 10 times I went to the office after I resigned, and asked the director to pay my salary and settle my account by clearing all my dues. But every-time he makes false false promises and it is now 6 months he is doing so.

Did you record the meeting (audio/visual), phone calls (audio), cover the meeting in minutes of meeting in emails sent by you?-No.but have telephonic recordings but not sure how much will it help. Video/audio recording can be done when I go next.

If you have recorded (audio/visual) and have witness (es) then it may amount to admission to pay and admission of debt.-Nearly 500 people witness are there. But most have got disintegrated.

Has your designation, role, responsibilities been described in offer letter issued to you? Does it state that you are empowered to sanction leave, sign appointment letters, termination orders, increments etc and did you ever do so?-No

Your lawyer may opine that the designation given to you was a glorified/for name sake only and you would be covered as ‘Workman’ as in ID Act, ‘Employee’ as in (Name of the state) Shops and Commercial Establishments Act?-Can’t comment, as not aware of the legalities. I was in the senior most management team

Do all team members agree to be a witness to each other?-Most have got disintegrated, but can be persuaded if required. The pharma team got united after they were asked to leave……and the company settled their account out of pressure and scare. Rest people who left before my joining and the OTC team have lost hope.

Have they also submitted complaints?-In Delhi there wasn’t any written complaints at any place till I was there, as I was a management man. I think the guys from other parts of North India are going to Labour court through Pharma Union.

What is this company/establishment registered as: Commercial, Industrial, Small Enterprise?-Yes it has a sell tax number also a drug license in the name of the GM-Production,and later I was approached to get it transferred on my name, since the GM was also shunted out. But I refused the offer.

It should have displayed its registration Certificate at a conspicuous place e.g near entrance/on notice board!-Drug license copy is there.

How many employees are employed in it?-Before my joining must be around 1000(entire north India).Delhi+Western UP itself had 200 people. After I joined Delhi+NCR had around 40 people.         

What was your designation in offer letter and nature of duties? –Business Head and to look after the business of Delhi and NCR.

You were located in which state and does company have an office in your state?-Delhi. Initially they had rented an office at Delhi, but closed it due to cost cutting and shifted to Gurgaon, where me and the Business Head looking after Haryana/Rajasthan/Punjab shared the same office.

Does company have any office at your current location? –They have now 1 office at Gurgaon and the other office at residence cum office at Gurgaon itself. Another rented office was at Lucknow. 

Has it stated notice period/pay in offer letter?-No

Do you have copy of resignation letter submitted by you and its POD, acknowledgment?-Resignation was send through mail addressed to the Chairman which is yet to be accepted.

Did the company ask you to serve notice period in writing, handover the charge and company property and do you have copies and acknowledgments?-They are in mood to make any kind of correspondence to avoid legal complications.

Are you and team members::: members of any employee’s unions/trade unions? –I cannot be a member of Trade Union since I was in the senior most management.        

Do you have any evidence/acknowledgment  of having submitted  expense statement and eligibility of allowances/fare and copy of approved TP?-I have the following copies-Acknowledged copies of expenses submitted/Email of pharma closed/SMS of salary on % basis/October salary sheet/October attendance sheet/and other official correspondence.

The above info shall help hence post it.

To sum up, after I left the organization, in the month of December they handed over the entire business to the 5 Business Heads on franchise basis on I think 30% commission, which was done on a legal document. They did it deliberately, as they were not ready to take the burden of paying salary every month so passed the buck to all Business Heads. The BH’S had no choice then to accept it, as they had to run their families. I could foresee such things coming on the way, so decided to part off to be aside of any more trouble. Later came to know, since all the B.H’s did breach of contract, all of them were issued legal notices and did not even spare the channel partners-must be around 200 if not more. The notices acted as double edged sword-1st breach of contract and 2nd did-not have to pay the salary to B.H’s. Every B.H who were working since April have an heavy outstanding amount due.Most employees F&F are yet to be done but have taken resignation and company property long back. It’s a classical case of breach of all legal laws by a company in this 21st century in the capital of India. May be such companies think they are above the law and can do anything at will keeping law in their pocket with help of money power and muscle power.Not a single employee was happy and all worked due to compulsion. The Director treats everyone as slaves with abusive language. Currently all have left the organization………..only Gurgaon office is operating having 4-5 office staff. You can imagine the amount of negativity propelling in the office when a HR executive goes on with a verbal war with the management and shoots resignation mid of the working day. Off late they have hired one Country Manager who is trying to fix the mess……..

Will they be scared of legal notice from my side when they have served 100’s of legal notices to BH’S and channel partners. How long the legal battle will take? What all actions needs to be taken from my side asap in the form of evidence. Will I get justice?

Awaiting responses and guidance from all in the panel/forum…………

Brgds,

Prasenjit

Mr Kumar,this is just to add,i also have the photocopies of all mass resignations which were compelled to be done on 7th Oct.All the employees were given offer letter+ appointment letter,but those who joined back on the board were only given offer letter again....I think,this is illegal again.......Also from 1st to 7th October,no employee who joined back were ever given the salary of those 7days.

72 views and only 3 replies..........i request all to kindly pour in with your suggestions and views so that i can take the best possible route to punish the culprits,so that in future they can't spoil the career and harass employees at will and make law a child's play........!!

Also,is there any prominent expert(Lawyer) from Delhi in this forum,who is ready to take up my case?

Prasenjit 

Biswanath Roy (Advocate)     20 May 2014

In your query you lamented for not receiving your salary dues but in your last post you expressed your desire for punishment of the Directors for harassment of the employees.  Why?

Biswanath sir,you need to read my reply to Mr.Kumar's reply, to understand how the employer has treated and harassed all the employees.I am not a legal professional, but experts like you can enlighten me how to approach the case.I am hiring a lawyer sooner or later and hope people in the forum can give me leads which i might have missed out,to win the case.

Biswanath Roy (Advocate)     20 May 2014

Look at my advice posted a day ago, if you follow my advice definitely you will get your dues but as to your recent grievance posted an hour ago to give punishment to your employer for harassment to other employees legal action will be altogether different and bit laudable also.

Prasenjit De (Unemployed)     22 May 2014

Surely Biswanath Sir.....i will do as per your advise.......!!

Kumar Doab (FIN)     22 May 2014

The expenses incurred on company’s work e.g. DA, mileage etc has to be reimbursed.

The CTC/annum shall be divided by 12 and you may claim whole amount as Basic if your lawyer agrees.

The bill is raised by company in the name of customer and company shall have the option to call back the stock or sue customer  if the payment is not made. Employee is not customer.

IN today’s competitive market where one drug is being marketed by say 13000 companies under different brand names the new entrant has to compete to get acceptance, recognition, mark their presence felt, and fetch business. The company does not seem to have strategy, plan edge over competitors and short tempered promoters those who believe from 1st month they shall be a leader.

Even TATAS, GLAXO  may not be able to do it.           

The intent to close communicated by internal acceptable modes of communication of the company should be a treated as proper communication. Your revert is on record. Company shall have to follow law of the land pertaining to closure, retrenchment, lay off.

NO employer can ask any employee to resign. Employer can terminate by following the procedure as per law of the land. Forced resignation can be termed offence and deemed termination.

The agitation by employees, unions, part payment of salary, non settlement of FNF dues, and agitation in front of residence of Chairman should be highlighted. The employees whose FnF settlement has not been done can agitate again.

You can mention the reason of resignation (in detail) in subsequent communications.

The standing Orders (Certified/Model ) should be applicable even if no. of employee was reduced.

Your HQ was Delhi. And company had an office at Delhi.

Delhi Shops and Commercial Establishments Act that is so employee friendly and your lawyer may opine that you would be covered by the def. of employee and that if wages are not paid service conditions like Notice period/pay would loose its sanctity.

Sec;2(5,7,15,30),

19. TIME AND CONDITIONS OF PAYMENT OF WAGES.

30. Notice of Dismissal. For employee for service period <3months is NIL.

(a) Applicability of section 30

The protection of the provisions of the section is available to all persons who fall within the

definition of the term “employee” as given in section 2(7) of the Act and who have put in three

months’ continuous services. In the absence of any standing orders or any contract between the

employer and the contesting respondent containing any particular terms or conditions, the

conditions of service of the employee relating to his employment in an establishment at Delhi are

covered by section 30(1) of Delhi Shops and Establishments Act, 1954;

33. Records.

(a) Particulars and forms of the records required to be maintained under section 33

Failure to maintain the records in the prescribed form and in the prescribed manner…………. or a record of the hours worked and the

amount of leave taken by end of the intervals allowed for rest and meals or not entering the

particulars of all employment overtime, amounts to contravention of the provisions of section 33

of the Act and the proprietor, employer or the manager of such an establishment is liable to be

punished……

The register of employment and wages is required to be kept in Form ‘G’ duly bound and

pages serially numbered. Where, however, the opening and closing hours are ordinarily uniform,

the employer may maintain such register in Form ‘H’ alongwith a separate register of wages and

record of leave in Form ‘I

al.

(d) Can an Inspector require an employer to produce the record in his office for

34. EMPLOYER TO FURNISH LETTERS OF APPOINTMENT TO EMPLOYEES

37. POWERS AND DUTIES OF INSPECTOR: (b) Duties of the Inspector: (i) that in dispensing with the services of an employee the provision of the Act and Rules

have been complied with and no dues payable under the Act or Rules have been

withheld;

Likewise you may go thru Punjab Shops and Commercial Establishments Act (Haryana follows it ) and  

Punjab Shops and Commercial Establishments Rules……………….

The Pharma Unions in Haryana, Punjab are very strong and have been formidable.

>>> Payment of Wages Act 1936: Sec13A : Salary slip record should be maintained for min.3years.Salary slip should be supplied at least a day before the disbursement of wages.

--and also asp per Minimum Wage (Central) Rules, 1950, Rule26(3) 26(4)

https://www.lawzonline.com/bareacts/minimum-wages-central-rules/rule26-minimum-wages-central-rules.htm

>>> If employer defaults on wages then it might have defaulted on PF,ESIC, TDS, Contribution for insurance, etc too………………………….
Employee can approach:

>>>Inspector under Payment of Wages Act; Applicable to all employees drawing wages up to Rs.18000/pm as per def. of wages in the act……………………………….within 1 year.

Salary slip to all employees duly signed by both employer and employee should be issued. Demand salary slip(s) of all months.

All employees can lodge a common complaint for recovery and Inspector may issue FormN.

You may refer to: Payment of Wages Act; Sec: 2: 3*[(i), (ia), 3*[(vi), 3, 4 ,5, 13a, 14, 15, 16, 17A, 20………….. and if the Inspector agrees to cover you may immediately submit requisite Form for recovery of wages.

>>>Inspector under (Name of the state) Shops and Commercial Establishments Act, Small Enterprise Act………….

One of the duties of the Inspector is to ensure that wages are paid on time and FNF of separated employee is also done properly and in time.

>>> O/o Labor Commissioner;
The Labor Inspector might also be officiating as Inspector under Payment of Wages Act, Inspector under Karnataka Shops and Commercial Establishments Act, Small Enterprise Act…………………………..however you may lodge separate complaints mentioning the enactments separately.

----Employees Unions e. They can help and issue notice.

--- Trade Unions: CITU, INTUC, AITUC, BMS and local trade unions………

----RPFC thru nearest PF office. 
Does the company supply PF number, PF a/c slips for each year/or E Passbook? It has to.

----ESTC Inspector in jurisdictional ESTC office………….
(Applicable to all employees drawing wages up to Rs.15000/pm as per def. of wages in the ESI Act)

--- Form16: --ITO-TDS where you file ITR and jurisdictional CIT-TDS where you company files ITR. Non issuance of Form16 by deductor (employer in your case) is offence and employer can be penalized.

----Lawyer/Law firm

---Civil Court

Employees have been contemplating to file criminal complaints u/s 406, 420……………………………and to approach employer as creditors treating unpaid wages as debt on employer e.g;

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/details.asp?mod_id=72011&offset=1#.UvYBGEeBmXV

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Full-n-final-settlement-100310.asp#.U0AEW0eBmXU

--ITO-TDS where you file ITR and jurisdictional CIT-TDS where you company files ITR. Non issuance of Form16 by deductor (employer in your case) is offence and employer can be penalized.

>>> The senior employees even AVP succeeded to get his payouts thru court e.g;

Delhi High Court

Argha Sen vs Interra Information ...

https://www.indiankanoon.org/doc/1941604/?type=print

>>> You may find the liability/Limited liability of Directors in company.

>>> You may proceed under the expert guidance of your lawyer.              The lawyer that has seen all docs and examined the inputs in person can advice you the best.

Attached File : 737085026 unpaid wages of avp.docx, 737085026 delhi shops & establishments act, 1954.pdf downloaded: 83 times

Prasenjit De (Unemployed)     07 June 2014

Dear Mr Kumar,

are you a lawyer?

are you from Delhi?I am from Dwarka,Delhi

Can i meet you in person to discuss the case?

You have answered everything brilliantly.Few of them are suggesting to send legal notice to my employer.....and you have hit the nail on the coffin.But to take it forward,should i approach and file complaints in the respective deptts where you have suggested by myself or should i approach a lawyer?kindly suggest.....and who would be the best person to take up my case.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     07 June 2014

Thanks for your appreciation.

I am not at Delhi.

You can find Labor consultants/Service Lawyers-Law firms, lawyers handling criminal cases, Company law cases/winding up petitions,……………………………. par excellence at Delhi.

It may sound strange to you but in a recent case we had suggested the affected RSM to approach Labor Court thru Trade Unions……………………………….and he knew a senior comrade (a founding father figure………..) and he recommended him to the local unit President and the local comrade appeared on behalf of the RSM and all dues were paid…………….

In an interesting case involving a GM of a pharma company the lawyer convinced the court of law that since he did not have any power to sanction leave, appoint, terminate, grant increment the GM was “Workman’……………………..

However in your case let your lawyer opine finally  on your matter and forum for you.

Since more than 50 employees were employed standing orders shall be applicable.

In the case posted by you and in states referred by you e.g. Haryana, Punjab………………………….the Medical and Sales Rep. associations strong and formidable………………….You might have heard of PMRA,HMRA and their NZCC……………………………..then PCMSRU etc and FMRAI with whom they are affiliated…………………….

All employees that were at the levels can pursue thru the unions and the unions know how to pluck the executives out of the arm chair and coziness of the offices………………….   

It shall be appropriate to lodge complaint under the expert guidance of your Labor Consultant/service lawyer…………………………….under various enactments applicable to the establishment………………………and let unions also agitate and make them famous……………and popular……………….

If you feel that you can handle the matter on your own, it is your choice.

You can pursue the matter of progress on complaints, action take, thru RTI, and this may set the pace.

The workman can approach Labor Court directly, State or Central, as the case may be:

You may go thru;

THE INDUSTRIAL DISPUTES (AMENDMENT) ACT, 2010:

The definition of term ‘appropriate Government’ has been amplified which will eliminate all ambiguities in the interpretation of the definition of ‘appropriate Government’.

The state of Haryana follows Punjab Shops and Commercial Establishments Act……………and it is available at the website of Dept. of labor of Haryana, Punjab………………..

If you have gone thru it you might have noted that there is clear Bar on employer/employee being represented thru Legal Practitioner……………..

32. BAR OF LEGAL PRACTITIONERS IN CERTAIN PROCEEDINGS.

You may go thru:

The Punjab Shops and Commercial Establishments Act,1958

Act No. 15 of 1958

The Punjab Shops and Commercial Establishments Rules, 1958

Without entering into any debate on the matter it is being pointed out that until employee sends his lawyer in Labor Court the employer may not get opportunity of sending his lawyer…………………………

It is up to you to choose the forum where you want to agitate……………………….and you should do so under the expert guidance of your lawyer……………………….

In case you decide to file for winding up petition  the statutory notice should be issued beforehand under proper acknowledgment………………….

Attached File : 295591259 haryana the punjab shops and commercial establishments act and rules.pdf downloaded: 71 times

Biswanath Roy (Advocate)     07 June 2014

I APPRECIATE VALUABLE VIEWS OF MR. KUMAR DOAB.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register