IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ruhi (Technical writer)     19 December 2012

Employer is not submitting the pf form to the pf office


I had filled the PF form and submitted to the Finance manager of our company on the last day of my services. Its almost 4 months since I left the company. When i called the Finance Manager of the company he says that there are some financial problems in the company due to which they are unable to submit the form. They will submit the form in the month of Feb or March. But I cannot trust them whether they will submit the form in Feb or March and also even I am facing some financial problems,  I need my PF amount urgently. Please suggest me what can I do to get my PF amount?


 28 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     19 December 2012

The employer should submit the PF forms to concerned PF office with in 5 days and should supply the acknowledgment issued by PF office to employee. Companies should use effective mode of communication e.g. redg/speed post.

The financial problems of the company have nothing to do with PF.

If company has been depositing employer’s and employee’s contribution regularly with PF office the funds are in the control of PF office and not employer.

Do you have proof of submission of PF forms to company e.g. POD, and an acknowledgment by company even if by email mentioning that your PF forms have been received?

If yes you have a handle on the situation. If not company may claim forms are not received or are not traceable.


The reply of Finance Manager arouses suspicion that company has not been depositing PF contribution.

You may submit a representation to good offices of your appointing authority, MD with a copy to Head-HR and enclose the copy of POD of PF forms submitted by you and narrate the reply of Finance Manager {mention each date with phone numbers} and demand that your PF forms supplied by you on dated……..be attested and deposited with PF office immediately and to supply you the acknowledgment issued by PF office by redg/speed post. You may mention that a postage prepaid {as purchased from PO} self addressed envelope is enclosed herewith for sending the redg/speed post to you. You may also demand the PF number {if not known to you} and PF a/c slips of entire period of service to you by redg. post.


If the good offices also not provide relief to you, you can lodge a complaint with RPFC of the concerned PF office and peruse RTI route to know the action taken by PF office.  

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     19 December 2012

First of all sincere advise which you will positively ignore.


It is beneficial to you to shift the PF to new account in the company hwere you are now.  It adds to your pensaionable years and also eligibility for loan etc.


You have not stated whether they have deposited dues or not.  Anyqay it is Form 3A only which can declare if your own deposit has been made or not.  


However, non-deposit of forms is also punishable punishanble under EPF Scheme.  You should submit written complaint to the RPFC.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     20 December 2012

Mr. Sudhir Kumar has given valuable advice.Kindly follow it.

Transfer of PF shall be a better option.

M.S.R.Murty ( Manager (Admn))     27 December 2012

Dear Mr.Ruhi,

Why don't you submit PF claim forms directly to P.F.Office ? 

Ruhi (Technical writer)     04 February 2013

Thank you so much for your responses. Can you kindly let me know how can I submit PF claim forms directly to P.F office

Ruhi (Technical writer)     04 February 2013

I would I have probably transferred, but I have some financial problems and hence I am withdrawing the amount

M.S.R.Murty ( Manager (Admn))     04 February 2013

Dear Mr.Ruhi,

You may go through the details which specified in your P.F claim form itself.  Accordingly you can submit the claim forms to PF office directly.   

Kumar Doab (FIN)     04 February 2013

The PF forms duly attested by competent authority e.g. BM of your bank, are to be submitted to PF office where your PF a/c is opened and maintained by your company.

You may send these by redg. post under acknowledgment.Usually it is the PF office at/nearest to corporate office/redg. office of the company.

You can search the PF office address from website:



The PF office located at your location can also help you and it may even accept your PF forms and may send these to PF office where you’re a/c is maintained. You may check with PRO in PF office at your location. However you should obtain acknowledgment.

Ruhi (Technical writer)     13 February 2013

I went to the PF office, they gave me the form 10c and 19. It is same as the forms that I submitted in the office. What to do now?

M.S.R.Murty ( Manager (Admn))     14 February 2013

Dear Mr. Ruchi,

Please go through the instructions of the forms and filled them accordingly. And enclose your Bank Account pass Book first page xerox copy , cancelled cheque leaf , Adhar card Xerox copy and xerox copy of your resignation letter to the forms send them by registered post to the concerned P.F. Office.  Your signature on the forms should be attested by the Bank Manager or by any other authority as specified in instructions of the forms.  You will get all the process details to your mobile itself from the P.F.Office.  good luck.

Ruhi (Technical writer)     14 February 2013

I have already submitted those two forms to the employer. Now again I have got those two only. Shouldn't I submit those two forms again to the employer? Or can I just submit it to the PF office. If I can submit it to the PF office, then Please let me know what procedure should I follow?

M.S.R.Murty ( Manager (Admn))     14 February 2013

Dear Mr. Ruhi,

Just fillup those froms again and submit them to PF Office.  But specify the cause in your covering letter.

Ruhi (Technical writer)     14 February 2013

Ok, thanks. But from whom should I get it signed. I think ex-employer should also sign in the form.

M.S.R.Murty ( Manager (Admn))     14 February 2013

Dear Mr. Ruhi,

Your ex-employer need not sign on papers.  You can get those papers signed by the Bank Manager or by any Gazetted Officer.  If not, you may go through the list in the form instructions colmn. You can directly submit those forms to PF Office. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query