LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vishwa Mohan (IT Executive)     06 April 2021

Employer denying the reliving letter despite serving notice

I've been working for a US-based startup that has an office in India for the past 13 months. I resigned from my position last month and served the notice period even though my appointment letter didn't mention any such mandatory condition, the reason why I served it is because I needed proof of employment. After the notice period was over I was removed from all the communication channels and my official email account was deleted. They gave me the salary but didn't provide me any Reliving/Experience/Work letter, the reason they gave me for not providing it was that my performance was unsatisfactory.
Although my accounts are deleted but I've taken screenshots of the conversations that I had with my employer regarding the proof of employment. What can I do in this case?

Learning

4 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     06 April 2021

Send a request letter for experience certificate 

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     06 April 2021

1. IF employee's performance is "unsatisfactory", THEN employer is legally not bound to issue any type of certificate or letter.  Employee may use the Appointment Letter and Resignation letter to show case his experience.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal 
VISIT:  www.chshelpforum.com

Vishwa Mohan (IT Executive)     06 April 2021

Hi, if I have served the notice and I have a proof of it, can't I get the relieving/service letter stating that I was a part of that company from joining date to last date. And why the issue of unsatisfactory performance raised after the resignation and not during the term served.

Pradipta Nath (Advocate)     06 April 2021

In case all your due have been cleared, please appraise your current employer that the Company is not issuing releasing letter. This is problem with every BPOs. In most cases they don't clear employees' dues, you are lucky! Please see if any affidavit before the Notary or First Class JM be admitted with your current employer on this issue!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register