LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Naga Harsha (None)     30 December 2011

Employe, stared a competitive business - need legal advice

One of my Employees stared a competitive business and is poaching my clients by offering lower rates,Can i tale legal action?

About 2months ago he simply stopped coming to the office and about 20 days later he sent a mail saying that he assumed that i hired a replacement and asked me to credit his remaining salary... I replyed back saying his behaviour is not approiate for a man of his age and experiance and asked him to come to the office to discuss the same. He never replyed.

About a month ago i learned that a new compititor has started and since then learned that this my employee is working there, weather he is being employed or is part of management is unknown at this point. They have been approaching several of my clients and offering services at a cheaper rates whats more irritating is that they are quoting my track record. I know for a fact that they cannot even deliver 10% of what they are claiming to deliver not only are they hurting my business but they are destroying the market...

Is there any legal action I can take against them??

Learning

1 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     30 December 2011

If you had issued an appointment letter to the employee you can demand an explanation from your employee for remaining absent/declare him absconding/terminate him.

Or you can obtain a resignation letter and settle his a/c.

If the competitor can not deliver quality even as good as a fraction of your quality, you may just ignore them.

They can poach your customers only if they deliver better quality and worth of their money to your customers.

If their quality is bad your customers shall stay with you and this time their bond with your company shall be stronger.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register