Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Harisankara (personal)     15 July 2013

Do i need to respond to lawyer notice regarding already sett

Hello All, 
I have settled My credit card dues (in bangalore) on September 2008 for 25,000.00, I paid 24 thousands on 10th sept 2008 and remaining thousand paid on 11th on same month, and they sent me settlement letter dated on 10th sept 2008, I asked to issue another settlement letter dated 11th sept 2008. they said it will not be a problem for one thousand and one day, I pleased all the way to change the date on the settlement letter... but they promised it will never create any further problems here after.
couple months back HDFC guys came to my home and used some slang words with my parents... and asked me to pay 160000.00... I shown the settlement letter and payment slips to them and refused to pay any money to them. 

Now I got a lawyer notice saying to pay all the money, otherwise they will take legal action on me. 

NOTE: the same person who given settlement letter with wrong date, is still in HDFC bank and he still saying that paying one thousand one day late can never be issue.

some one please advise me that how to handle this issue. DO i need to respond to the lawyer notice now? or ignore it.

thanks
shankar

Learning

3 Replies

vivek malhotra (Advocate)     15 July 2013

You must reply to the legal notice clarifying all the situation stating that the legal notice sent on behalf of the bank is false, baseless and illegal and devoid of any merits. If bank files any case for the recovery that reply helps you in defending your case. If you did not replied the legal notice it means you have accepted their claim.

Vivek Malhotra

Advocate 

Harisankara (personal)     16 July 2013

Thank you sir for your reply and i will reply them soon.

I have 2 options in my mind  i.e.

1. what whill happend if I filed case against this issue.

2. is good idea to aproach with Consumer court.

please suggest me above opeions are ok or not.

thanks

Shankar

vivek malhotra (Advocate)     16 July 2013

there is no need to file consumer complaint case.  If they have give you the legal notice they will also file the case and you will mention all these things in your defence and after the dismissal of the said illegal case you can file suit for defamation against them involving you in false and frivolous case.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register