Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ramesh   02 December 2015

Divorce procedures

I got married according to hindu rituals in Feb was arranged by our parents and we wanted a no working housewife as we are a small family and my mother is a patient with many diseases.after marriage she started misbehaving with me and my parents specially my mother.there were frequent quarrels and she will go to her maternal house.when this became unbearable I left at her parents house in August 14.since then she is there and spreading false rumors against us.she and her family also threatened with 498a.I approached for mutual divorce but she not agree.what should I do.for me this marriage is over.thanks


 6 Replies

Adv. Yogen Kakade (+ 91 9225510883)     02 December 2015


You can file a divorce petition in the family court by mentioning the strong grounds for the same.

Adv. Yogen P. Kakade

Jurycon Incorporation

Advocates & Consultants

laxmi kant joshi (instructor)     02 December 2015

First for precautionary measure file a police complaint of their threatening that they can falsy drag you in 498a case, narrate every thing in your application and take a receiving copy with you it will help you when she will file false 498a upon you in between you also collect evidences against her record all her threatening phone calls, emails, sms etc, simultaneously you can file divorce in the family court on the ground of cruelty u/s 13(1)(i-a) of hindu marriage act .

Ravi   02 December 2015

Hi Ramesh,

I am also facing the same issue and seek suggestions. It would be really helpful if you share the next step/solution (if you find any). 

Thanks much in advance !!

Ramesh   03 December 2015

Joshiji thanks for your suggestions.I already send a complaint against my in laws regarding their threat.they never slapped a case against us in police but are maligned us socially .I am unable to understand what they parents wanted to sit with them for a solution but they refused to sit. Please help.

Ramesh   02 March 2016

Hi,all experts.again need your help .I live separately from my wife for last 18 months.she didn't file any case against me or my family but also refused for any with some elders interference she is ready to question is what precautions should I take to safeguard myself and my family if she file false cases as I don't trust her anymore.Thanks.


Dear Sir/Madam,

Since your case is complicated case as such I require documents and same may be send to my email/PM (personal mail) for detailed legal advise.


With regards,

Legal Expert

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query