LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

manjit   10 August 2015

Dividation of property afther grandfaher deat

respected sir. The matter is that my grandfather have only one son ie my father.my grandmother expired ten years ago.mygrandfather lives seperately on his own shop.one maid cooking food for him since last 10 years. I think they have some physical relation also.but no child from grandfather to her.i want to know whether she can file a suit for property after grandfather death or not. the property is self acquired and ancestral both. My grandfather is saying i will not give you a single peace of land. I will debarred you from my property. Can we file a suit in court against this. Plz tell me procedure


 2 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     10 August 2015

as far as self aquired property is concerned its his wish to give it to anyone he wants (maybe to the maid also).

he cant gift the whole ancestral property but can give his share alone to whoever he wishes to give

charan   23 May 2016

i want my shares from my grandfathers properties and my mom doesnot want it they are  all four daughter for my grandfather but he has passed away in 2011 and my granmother is still alive as of now iam married and due to family issues i would like to have my part of share and the will is already written by my grandfather to be divided into 5 parts that in 4 for his daughters and one for my grandmother


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register