LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

anitha (student)     05 February 2014

Suggest on video evidence

Hi, my brother got married 5 months back as per Hindu marriage act. Both are living separately at present for a small quarrel, By brother's Mother in law threatens my parents by saying false allegations. His father in law is not giving sridharan list to us and he is avoiding , even we ask him.

Hence we decided to take video of the conversation with my brother & father in law & successfully we did it as well.

In that video (contains), we provoked him question for any dowry demanded form our side & he admitted by saying “no” - (we didn't asked for any dowry or money from our end).

And also - he pleaded my brother that his daughter often threatens everyone by locking her-self in room before marriage to fill full her expectations and same attitude was following in my brother home as well. father requesting my brother to adjust with her, If she more creates problem again he's requesting to send her daughter back to her parental home because he says he's already saved 20 lakhs & some properties for her future and not to worry about her from our side.

Normally he always praises himself as wealthiest family than us.

fact is- Father in law was politely threatening & her daughter psychologically threatening my bother. 

Question is:-  Is that video is enough to fight against false dowry cases? ( though we are going to stop all his relationship in future). What else is required from our end to protect us from false dowry allegations.

Learning

5 Replies

(Guest)

That's a good proof of your innocence. It helps you in not getting convicted but before that you should go through a lot of court procedures which is the actual harassment. Nobody here in the forum is worried about conviction, its the process that creates a problem.

Neway what is your brother saying? What do you think, is she good for family life or some kind of psychopath?

1 Like

anitha (student)     05 February 2014

thanks - We (including my brother) knows - she seems psychopath. But we want to take a life positively & we are hoping everything will be fine in future. Since Marriage is an emotional bonding between two families & two lives.

We will never be offensive to their family, But we need to be defensive. (prevention is better than cure).

In india - because of these kind of laws now marriage is becoming illusion. Don't know whom to trust.

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     06 February 2014

in case, if 498a case is filed, u have to undergo trial and get acquittal.

i u have not done anything wrong, then u dont need to worry.

Undergoing Trial of 498a case is the worst punishment of choosing a wrong wife.

shiv (AGM)     06 February 2014

Dear My opinion is that whatever the evidence you collect but criminal case and divorce proceedings and d v act legal harassment tools are against husband. so I advice you that go for mutual settlement for divorce under section 13b h m a and pay her lum sum money to avoid legal hassle and to save money huge expenditure this fact you learn when you involved into it it better to come out from such bad event.of life..,otherwise it will.give you mental tension continuously It's upto you to decide which action you should take.....

shiv (AGM)     06 February 2014

Dear My opinion is that whatever the evidence you collect but criminal case and divorce proceedings and d v act legal harassment tools are against husband. so I advice you that go for mutual settlement for divorce under section 13b h m a and pay her lum sum money to avoid legal hassle and to save money huge expenditure this fact you learn when you involved into it it better to come out from such bad event.of life..,otherwise it will.give you mental tension continuously It's upto you to decide which action you should take.....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register