We are from Mysore. My grandpa died in 1970 and grandma as well.
1) In 1983, all the 3 elder brothers signed on a 20 rs bond paper and gave all the 4 houses to my father who is the youngest of all.
2) In 1990, Son C demanded that he will not quit the house and wants his share. In 1999, as per panchayati paal parkath my dad agreed to give the share (back house) and all the brothers signed the document and the share was given to Son C.
3) In 2006, as per the above details the 2 front houses and 1 back house was registered in my father's name (Son D) as the 2 elder brothers were aged 80 and 70. We informed Son C family as well but they did not come, so we left his share (1 Back house) and registered all other 3 houses.
4) Son C family waited till we register and then put a case.
5) Son C expired in 2003 after which his wife and son in law and daughter continued to live there. They vacated this house in 2010 after his wife expired and have given the house on rent.
6) In 2006, Son C son in law has put a case stating the partition never happened in 1983 and the registration is done illegally they were never informed about it to them.
7) The case was cross examoned in the court this month and has shifted the date/ Our lawyer said this will be in our favour but now the son in law has sent summons to the 4 daughters asking them to come to court next month.
8) we had asked the daughters about this earlier but everyone refused for the share. Now we are not in good terms with the daughters so son in law is taking advantage of this.
I want to know what can we do with this regard as our lawyer dont know why he has invited them to attend the court and what can happen here.