Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Brother-in-law's misbehavior

Page no : 2

Shishir (Manager - Business MIS)     06 June 2011

Dear Kamal,

You are wishing a happy marital life for your sister like any concenred brother. But going by your posts it seems that you are spoiling your sister's marriage and your sister is helping you in the mission. Please make your sister understand that the in-laws are her own folks and its her family. Give her the confidence that she can resolve the issues as she is adult, mature, educated and employed. Educate her that she should not come up with petty issues to you. Once she starts believing that the in-laws family belongs to her and performing household work there is actually taking care of her house and family..... then see the change in behaviour of in-laws.... also with that she will get respect from her family.......

Two years are not a long period....... give her time to adjust with her family.... do not try to control her life...

One question: Does marriage was performed with her consent? or was against her wishes?

Do not go for police or court procedures...... it will only strain and ruin relationships.....

2 Like

Sakshi (Owner)     06 June 2011

Originally posted by :kamal singh
"
@ Zeeshan : Had I wanted to do so I would have done this earlier.. you people are the experts and I really need your expert advice on this issue.. As I told you i never interfere in my sister's married life but I also don't want my sister to bear all this.. she is educated, employed...still the inlaws treat her like maid.

Don't you think my sister deserves a better life???
"

Kamal, she deserves a good life. But now you should think how to make her life good. As a brother, you can decide what you can do to improve her life but as a wife she is the one who has to take an initiative. Does she want to stay with her husband ? If she wants to stay with her husband and he wants to stay with her, only then the relationship will continue. If they do not want to stay with each other they can divorce each other by mutual consent. Before asking anybody else, you should ask the husband and wife because nobody should interfere in their personal life.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register