LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RAJINDER (PROCESS ASSO.)     21 March 2022

Re appeal in the insurance ombudsman.

Respected members, I need help regarding re appeal in the court of insurance Ombudsman. My father got cheated from a unknown telle caller, He also fraudulently issued 11 companies 20 number of policies. I logged all insurance companies cases in the court of ombudsman. Out of 11 companies only two has settled our case (convert single term policy for 05 years). But other companies has refused to settled our case. Now I don't know what to do ahead. Please guide me. Thanks in advance.


 5 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     22 March 2022

First, lodge this as a grievance in IRDAI and seek guidance from them.  Provide full details.  Also, inform non-compliance of insurance companies details to Ombudsman as 'contempt'.

RAJINDER (PROCESS ASSO.)     24 March 2022

Thanks for reply sir. I done all the steps. Now in last when we logged complaints of all companies out of them only two companies are ready to settelment but other one refused to settelment. As there refusion the ombudsman also pass ordered. So I want to know that is there any high authority where I can appeal against ombudsman's order? Thanks in advance.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     24 March 2022

Have you lodged the grievance and sought redressal ?

In the earlier system, there was appellate authority, I am not aware of the present system (Changed)

File online RTI to  relevant Ombudsman with Rs.10 Fee and seek information as follows:

1. Please provide me a copy of the laid down procedure for further appeal against the Ombudsman decision..

Anurag Kumar   18 May 2022

If an ombudsman had rejected your case, then you can approach the consumer forum only. The ombudsman will not take the cases again without any new evidence on record. Instead of wasting your time by approaching IRDAI or ombudsman again and again, file a case with the consumer forum.

P. Venu (Advocate)     19 May 2022

You have the option to approach the High Court through a Writ Petition.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query