LIVE Online Course on Indian Constitution by Dr. Ravishankar Mor. Register Now!!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SSourav Sen   02 February 2022

Rent agreement

I live in a 3 storey house. i have been given the 2nd floor in dan Patra by my grandfather. It's stamped and registered but mutation is not done yet.
Can I make a rent agreement without mutation?
P.S. Due to some financial problems, mutation is delayed.


 5 Replies

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     02 February 2022

yes, you can enter into rent agreement and let out the your portion .

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     02 February 2022


Yes, you can give property on rent and execute agreement with the tenant. 

SSourav Sen   02 February 2022

Thank you 🙏

Jeevan Patil   02 February 2022

U can make Agreement but it is in your interest to make mutation

Megha   03 February 2022


Any property given by daan patra (gift deed), gives the donee absolute right over the property.  While mutation of the property is preferred, rent agreement can be made without mutation as well, since the gift deed is stamped and registered.  

Best regards,

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query