LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Aniket Giri (ADVOCATE)     20 July 2010

HOW TO APPLY FOR A COPYRIGHT??

ONE OF MY FRIEND IS WRITING A BOOK,,,SO HE RECENTLY ASKED ME HOW TO APPLY FOR COPYRIGHT FOR THAT BOOK.,,..

I AM A RESIDENT OF WEST BENGAL SO DOES THAT MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE IN APPLYING??

PLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME,,,,

THANKS IN ADVANCE..

Learning

12 Replies

Ranganath SM (Advocate )     22 July 2010

Dear Aniket Giri

Please note once once the book is publised itself, he owns a copyright. You need not register for a copyright to subsist in a work, unlike a trade mark and patent. But to support themselves from any infrigment, people still register for copyright because late while fighting infrigment suit, they can claim damages. 

Ranganath 

Advocate

Bangalore

Aniket Giri (ADVOCATE)     23 July 2010

THANKS FOR THE ADVICE......:-)

Rema (Advocate)     28 July 2010

The answer is good.  Will you please explain the procedure for Copy-Right applicaiton for.

1. Software

2. Study materials

3. Brochure.

1. To whom the applications are to be sent by a Chennai based person.

2. Format of Forms

3. Fee structurem and mode of payment.

4. Howmany copy are to be forwarded.

5. The enclousures and its order.

6. Whether it can be filed on-line and payment by e-payment and if possible a brief note

Regards,

Rema

(Guest)

Ms.Rema, pl go through the relevant provisions of the Copyright Act and Rules for the required information. Let's not discuss all the procedures here, since our profession needs earning to support our families - in this high cost world. This forum is meant for public to ask questions on legal affairs and not between lawyers inter se.

Rema (Advocate)     31 July 2010

Respected Advocate Mr. Gurunarayana Rao,

Iam sorry if your comment is correct.  I feel that there is no harm in discussing the formalities in this forum, if majority of the members are intended to discuss the same here.  Or as a club or association of professionals, what is the use of all these.  Now this is a period of  popular RTA Act.  If anybody wants the relevent informations can be have from the Concerned department.  So If some others are also supporting you, I agree.  Othewise, we can take your comment as your comment.  Sorry  if Iam wrong.

Regards,

Rema

Ranganath SM (Advocate )     02 August 2010

Dear  Rema 

Please don't get offended , it's fine you have expressed your thoughts.

Regards

Ranganath 

(Guest)

Ms.Rema, plz don't put my reply to vote. It's just my personal comment only.

1 Like

Rema (Advocate)     04 August 2010

Ple. dont say the sincere  and open opinion as "........putting for vote".  Hope everybody will take positive aspects on good words, lines and questions. Thanks to all.

Rema

Sameer Sharma (Advocate)     12 August 2010

In between of warm discussion, I like to say that question is really new and interesting, I think these kind of question enhance knowledge of legal practitioner. With the help from search engines I try to answer ur question, which goes as follows:

Requisites for filing a copyright application

1. Name, address and nationality of the applicant
  2. Name, address and nationality of the author of the work
  3. Nature of applicant’s interest in the copyright i.e. OWNER / LICENSEE etc.
  4. Title of the work
  5. A declaration signed by the author (if different from the applicant)
  6. Language of the work
  7. Whether the work is published or unpublished
  8. If the work is published, year and country of first publication and name, address and nationality of the publisher
  9. Year and countries of subsequent publications, if any
  10. Name, address and nationality of any other person authorized to assign or license the rights in the copyright
  11. Power of attorney for the firm
  12. Six hard copies of the work and three soft copies
  13. (For computer programs – 3 copies of the program on CD ROMs.)

Basavaraj (Asst, Manager-Legal)     24 August 2010

Dear Member,

This platforum is for discssion our veiwes, exchaning our knowldge is not harm.

It is good advise to say to read books, but whatever knowldge we gained could be shared rather than advising to someone to read books.

According to there is no harm in sharing knowldge, atleast in bit.

MR.V.BALAKRISHNAN (INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY ATTORNEY)     25 October 2010

Please visit "Copyrght Office,website,you will find all the information you need to know.

Raja (XYZ)     20 November 2010

Dear Rema, Just go thru https://copyright.gov.in and read the HandBook. You your queries are answered there. In the mean while, I have attached a worksheet for practical usage. Thanks, RAJA.

Attached File : 49 49 copyright.xls downloaded: 190 times

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register