Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Chetan Padm (law)     06 January 2019

Recovery of movable articles and money spent on renovation

Hello,

I lived with my mother in law  house as ghar jamai (live-in son-in-law) in her house for 20 years from year 1998.

due to fights with my mother-in-law she forced me to leave her house recently on 12.12.2018.

She dint let me go inside her house and dint let me collect my valuable  articles and  jewllery which is still lying in the house.

In 2009 She ask me to constuct an additional floor in the house and live there. The additional floors/ rooms were constucted between year 2009 to 2014 and I paid all the expenses.

Question:

1. What is the Limitation to recover my valuable articles and jewllery in the posession of my mother in law ?

2. Can I recover the amount spent from year 2009 to 2014 on the renovation and construction of additional floor/rooms of the mother-in-law house in good faith as she allowed to my live in her house for entire life ? What is the limitation period to recover the cost of renovation??

regards,

Chetan

Learning

4 Replies

Shashi Dhara   06 January 2019

U first issue legal notice thru advocate for returning of jewels and also expenses of constructing additional rooms with interest. The cause of actionarose on 12-12-2018so limitation is on12-12-2021 u can file suit.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     06 January 2019

Consider her present age, health status, promises made to you before elders at the time of your marriage, the apparent legal heir of her property, and your wife's stand and negotiate through elders before proceedings legally.

Sachin (N.A)     06 January 2019

You can recover your valuebles by filing the case u/s 406 IPC

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     06 January 2019

Do you have sufficient evidence to prove your jewellary / other valuable articles lying with your MIL ? If so, file a police complaint / criminal complaint before area Magistrate.

You are a gratutious licencee and can use the property during the pleasure of your mother-in-law.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register