Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dowry case lodged after 18 years of divorce

Fir u/s 498a, 323,504,506 IPC & 3/4 d/p act lodged after 18 years of divorceI got love marriage in year 1995 and lived with wife in her house for 6-7 months . Due to various unavoidable circumstances I left her house in year 1996.In the meantime a girl child was born . We both are Muslim . On 15-9-1997 we obtained divorce with mutual consent through maulvi . On 6-2-2004 I got married with another lady, now I have a daughter and a son from my second wife. On 24-4-2012 my ex wife along with her daughter filed application u/s 125 crpc and in that application my ex wife clearly stated that " due to some disputes our divorce took place on 15-9-1997 ,since then I am living in my maternal house alongwith my daughter . That maintenance petition is still pending and the court has not granted even interim maintainance to her or her daughter .therefore on 25/11/2015 she has lodged above mentioned FIR against me , my 79 year old father and 78 year old paralysed mother ,and now she is blackmailing me , demanding Rs 10,00000/-.my ex wife's brother is a police inspector ,so police is harassing me. Please help me.

Learning

5 Replies

(Guest)
Go to high court for anticipatory bail.session court r not giving bail now.writ petetion file in high court for threatening against inspector.high court will close his all holes

(Guest)
Go to high court for anticipatory bail.session court r not giving bail now.writ petetion file in high court for threatening against inspector.high court will close his all holes

Mrs. Bakshi (Social Studies Reader/Worker)     09 June 2016

Agree with above advice.

A walk alone (-)     09 June 2016

First apply bail. Try to quash FIR because it files after 18 years of divorce. You can apply HC for FIR quash .

Syed mohd fazle haider zaidi   19 June 2016

Dear learned friends it is pertinent to mention here that in the above mentioned FIR,the date and time of incident is not mentioned and she did not disclosed that she is a divorced lady . On the other hand in 125 crpc case dated 24-4-2012 she had clearly stated that her divorce took place on 15-9-1997 by mutual consent.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register