Husband's property

My husband was only son along with elder sister to my father in law.


my father in law  had a property with house in it.


he demolished it and divided the vacant land into two halves and legally sold one half and gave the money equally to his  both daughters .  There is no legal transaction  of this settelment.The remaining land was given to my husband through settlement deed . In the settlement deed my father in law have stated that he or his daughters and wife  will not claim any rights  and he has written the will in good state of mind.


and further he also stated he will not cancel the deed based on this deed my husband raised a housing loan in bank and I was co applicant and we built house based on housing loan . We successfully closed the bank loan. And document is with me.


and unfortunately my husband died in RTA and he has not left any registered will 


and in legal heir certificate given by local thalishdar enlisted my father in law and my mother in law along with me and my daughter 


 Now in laws have currently occupied the house and are enjoying the rent from three rental portions .


i have given personal representation to the tenant to vacate  the house


now my question to honourable lawyers form is what  is my rightful share .and what should I do to acquire the property. What  will happens after my in laws  . What is  the share of my sister in laws




Greetings of the day.

Kindly let us know whether the property of your father in law was ancestral property or self acquired one.  This will be helpful in giving appropriate reply.

Thanks and regards




My father in law's property is self earned property

legal advisor

if its a self aquired property of your father in law noone can question the settlement deed made to your hasband. since your husband died intestate all his class 1 heirs will get share mother in law, you and your children.if your inlaws are not allowing you to access your husbands property then file a partition suit to get your share




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Forensics & Evidence     |    x