JUdge decides what witnesses should be examined.

Adil - You are really impressive.  Hard to believe that you are a fresh law graduate. Your articulationn is very mature. Very good.  Keep it up.

As per s.303 Cr.P.C Kasab is entitled to be defended by a pleader of his choice.  Suppose now he reconsiders his earlier decision and now he insist that he be defended by Kazmi for the balance of the trial, What would be the legal consequence?

Lawyer

Mr. Menon, You have raised an intresting question, but other question is Kasab is not even aware that he has this right. As I said earlier, the case may be remanded back for retrial on these grounds alone. Ignorance of law is no excuse .It is presumed that law of the land is known by the adivasi living in a remote distant forest, as soon as the law is passed. My question is does this presumption extend to a person who is not a citizen of India?

Sir - I think you have slightly mixed up.  Ignorence of law is no excuse is a principal equally applicable for citizen of India and non citizen.  This principal operates against the accused. 

I have raised this question to point out that  that the decision to sack Kazmi is erroneous. If as I suggested, it does really happen, then wont it reflect adversly (to put it mildly) on the presiding officer. Then in such a situation it would be Kazmi himself who would be indispensable to the Judicary by coming in its aid by refusing to represent Kasab, maybe at the cost of his professional ethics.

Retired

Personal animosity won't do Mr. Gandhi. Kasab is being tried under the law of the land. If hatred is in our mind, he ought to be hanged by the nearest lamp post. Custodial deaths in police lock up abound. Why don't we support it?

I request friends not to allow their hearts to rule over mind.

Total likes : 1 times

Mr. menon you are right but this is the issue of national security. every body knows what done kasab and his companion. Mr. kazmi should have adopt a way by which he could assist well the court.

This is a nice forum. Thanks Experts!!

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Search Forum

Menu

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
CrPC Course!     |    x