LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

User (NA)     06 December 2014

Abusive wife of my brother

My brother got married to a woman almost a year back. She is a divorcee and it is first marriage to my brother. He married her because my brother has seen me closely going through a divorce. With this good intention, he married her. But, later after marriage,she started showing her true colours. Her parents and brother are the support system for her.

Both are working and are staying in a different city. My parents did not take a single rupee, in any form, from them. On their request, the marriage took place in a small temple. Only her mother and brother attended the marriage. They did not even buy a single garland also. She got only 2 kegs of laddus. That's it. 

Soon after marriage, she stopped my brother from contacting any of us. We tried to go there but he always stopped us saying this is not the suitable time. After 8 months of marriage, they came to my parents home. She did not allow him to spend a single lone moment with us. He became a quiet person, always cry (when she leaves for bath room), and also he says that he married her seeing my suffering. All his finances are under her control. Even email password is under her control. 

She doesn't quarrel but she and her mother, brother acts very smartly. Cunning people.

he also said they both are like brother and sister. this implies, they do not have physical relationship also. The problem is my brother is not telling us anything. He always cries, depressed, always talks about death. Now he is not at all speaking with us, instead sends messages abusing all of us. We are not minding any of his words, but COULD NOT FIND ANY WAY TO SAVE MY BROTHER'S LIFE. 

at one time, he told my father, that she may file s*xual harassment case against my father.

At the same time, he became very angry with us. He blames us we could not save him from marrying her. What else does these words imply. Obvious, he is not happy with her. SHE always tells lies

we were a close family but now so many question marks.

please advice on how to save my brothe, WITHOUT MY BROTHER'S CO OPERATION.

Learning

3 Replies

ragz hyder (PM)     06 December 2014

There is nothing you can do without your brothers help. He needs help. Ask him to get a hold of himself. Unless you are a Muslim be prepared for a lot to come. Talk to a lawyer as in actually talk to him and send that info to your Brother. He is also the one who needs to be gathering evidence.

All the strength you need is within you Now. So it is for your brother. Be strong for both you and your family and Brother. God Bless you.

User (NA)     06 December 2014

Thank you Hyder for your wishes. What type of advice can I seek from an advocate? Please tell me.

Originally posted by : ragz hyder

There is nothing you can do without your brothers help. He needs help. Ask him to get a hold of himself. Unless you are a Muslim be prepared for a lot to come. Talk to a lawyer as in actually talk to him and send that info to your Brother. He is also the one who needs to be gathering evidence.

All the strength you need is within you Now. So it is for your brother. Be strong for both you and your family and Brother. God Bless you.

ragz hyder (PM)     08 December 2014

Talk to a lawyer...atleast you will know what the girl is capable of and how you can counter..

you seem to be also asking about Domestic violence...are you the girl?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register