LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

dr balkrishna chaitanya (dental surgeon)     12 August 2009

dental clinic to register under bombay shop act

can any one tell  that the dental clinics(O P D) are required to register under bombay shop act or not & if yes, under what clause or section of  the law?(in maharashtra only)

is dental clinic to be treated as a shop?

what is the status in other states?what laws control 'clinics' there?

according to my knowledge, clinics,dispenceries r not required & only hospitals or nursing homes where I P D practice is working r required to register.i need a lawfully correct answer.

i have gone thu the book of this act.if there is any latest amendment on this issue, i need either a referance of the same or if possible copy of the amendment.

who can help me?

Learning

4 Replies

Prakash Yedhula (Lawyer)     14 August 2009

Private hospitals and clinics come under the purview of Shop and Establishments Act of the respective state. In Maharashtra, there is a Bombay Nursing Home Registration Act, 1949.

Shop and Establishments Act does not deal with medical infrastructure, facilities, standards etc of medical establishments. It is ironical that the Shops and Establishment Act registration is the prime and perhaps the only ‘licensing’ requirement for private hospitals and medical establishments in the country. 

abhijit (legal )     17 August 2009

what happened to The Maharashtra Clinical Establishments Act, 2001 which was supposed to replace Bombay Nursing home registartion aCt ? Is it enacted or still in the bill form?

Reshma (Legal Consultant)     02 April 2011

Can anyone confirm about the implementation of this act - The Maharashtra Clinical Establishments Act, 2001

nikhil (clinic)     07 September 2011

Dear sir,

can u tell me that whether shop establishment is required for polyclinic which has day care facility of only treating patients with iv fluids only no surgical.....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register