Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Hemant Chaudhary (Executive)     22 September 2012

Ddr and fir

Dear sir,

Please explain the difference between DDR and FIR? A DDR has been filed against me and my family members. We are now underground. Can police arrest us without filing a FIR? Please reply on urgent basis.

Learning

3 Replies

stanley (Freedom)     22 September 2012

An FIR is filed only in cases of cognizable offences, i.e. crimes of a serious nature.Non cognizable offences may also be reported to police but the police will not file an FIR for these offences. Instead, they will register the complaint in the Daily Diary Report (DDR).

A non cognizable offence can also be reported to the police. This is registered in the DDR (daily diary register). After the crime has been so recorded, a signed and stamped copy of the DDR will be handed over to you or you can ask for a copy .However, the police will not take any action on the matter without the direction of a magistrate.

Police cannot arrest without an FIR and why are you disappeariing underground for a DDR being filed :).Go to the police station and ask for a copy of the DDR .

rajiv_lodha (zz)     22 September 2012

What matter has been reported in DDR. Send some trustworthy person to PS & he will get a copy with the help of GANDHIJI

Ak_ Gamer_999   13 May 2023

Mera mobile or piasise bich sadak par oe loot liya chat ladke the 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register