LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Thangaraju S   24 April 2024

Customer rights


My daughter has been placed under suspension for more than 11 months based on false allegations. Still, the charge sheet was not served. I have availed of agri-loans and gold-loans from the same bank. I went to release the gold ornaments pledged, but the bank officials denied my request by stating that the case was going on. Hence, I request their renewal. They didn't cooperate for that either. Due to their actions, the gold loan has now become an NPA This affected my creditability. I have proofs for my visits, and my email requests everything. Is the bank capable of torturing someone like this? Kindly guide me in this situation.


 6 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     24 April 2024

You can take legal steps for relief and remedy.

You can either approach civil court or consumer redressal commission 

Thangaraju S   24 April 2024

Hi Sir,

Thanks for the reply indeed

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     25 April 2024

You are welcome for the appreciations

P. Venu (Advocate)     25 April 2024

The posting suggests deeper issues. Admittedly, the issue is not just about  the customer but some alleged inappropriate action by your daughter who, apparently, is employed in the same Bank.

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     27 April 2024

Very well analysed, opined and advised by learned expert Mr. T Kalasielvan, I agree and appreciate.

You may prefer to approach civil court through a local prudent lawyer.

However, how does the gold loan and suspension of your daughter is connected / corelated?

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     28 April 2024

Presumably your daughter is an employee of the bank. You are a customer of the bank. The two are different things, the only connection being that she happens to be your daughter. You have your rights as a customer.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register