Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Srikanth   13 January 2024

Apartment maintenance dispute towards various dimensions in the size

Hello All,

Myself Srikanth from Bangalore; recently I have purchased Two 1 BHK flats in Basapura Location in Bangalore.
This standalone apartment consists of Totally, 14+1 (Five 1 BHK 520 sqft / Five 2 BHK 1200 sqft / Four 3 BHK 1390 sqft along with 1 Pent House and 3 shops owned by the builder.
My Point:-

In multiple meetings; I have explained so many times along with so many examples that maintenance has to be calculated based on price per sqft basis. However, higher sized property owners not allowing for that and they are creating lot a problem for 1 BHK owners; out of total Five 1 BHK owners; 1 is close friend of their's and 1 staying out of state and 1 is young guy so they said they cannot fight and agreed for whatever maintenance they mentioned.

My Problems:-
1) Higher sqft property owners providing continuous torcher and forcing me not to follow price per sqft
2) I am repeatedly asking builder and others flat owners to form legal association however, they are denying 
2) Builder also in favor of them because, there are 2 unsold properties so in order to deny maintenance payment from his side; he has created pro rata maintenance amount and informing others to follow.
3) Builder has not provided OC and CC
4) Builder not interested to form legal association
5) Couple of months back neighboring property had a litigation with our building but builder has not provided any clear document on that
6) Now, in the name of majority (Five 2 BHK and Four 3 BHK) claiming they are majority and along with builder and higher property owners causes problems in everything and influences other members too
7) Recently, With the influence of builder, higher sized flat owners conducted meeting and in Rs. 100 stamp paper created a so called association agreement mentioning pro rata amount and if maintenance not paid they will disconnect the water and electricity services and will complain to police.
7) I am ready to take legal action. However, other 3 One BHK owners are scared and does not want to involve in any legal action on this. 
How can I stop all these things.
Please guide me.
Regards
Srikanth 
Eight Nine Zero Four Six Four Nine Four Five Four
srikavijay@gmail.com

Learning

11 Replies

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     13 January 2024

Get an association / RWA formed, registered, take necessary decisions by majority of members in General Body Meeting of members qua payment of maintenance charges and proceed. 

1 Like

Good morning and thank you for the response sir.

Other flat owners are not interested in formimg a legal registered association or RWA. Instead with the influence of the builder, with Rs. 100 stamp they mentioned rules according to higher sized flat owners and builder's benefit (does not want to pay maintenance for unsold propeeties).

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     13 January 2024

You be concerned and confined to  your problem alone.

As you have decided to fight it legally, you can proceed with the propose3d legal action.

The agreement made in a non judicial stamp paper is not valid and cannot be enforceable.

If they disconnect the basic amentities you can give a police complaint, report to the civic authorities and file a suit for permenant injunction against the persons who are responsible for this

1 Like

Thank you for your promt responses sir

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     13 January 2024

You are welcome.

1 Like

One final clarification sir; 

in case if i initiate legal proceedings against builder stating OC and CC not issued; denying to form legally registered association including other flats owners who are creating a mental stress for me, my wife and my tenants stating forcing to pay atleast 40% more monthly maintenance than the price per sqft and also threataning to disconnect water and electricity supply.

but many people around me are telling; i cannot win a case against a builder because, when it comes to apartment association; decisions will be favored and taken based on majority only. So others are saying even if it is legal; despite i am having 2 flats; one person fighting of no use.

Please suggest me on this.

Thank you in advance for your guidance and support.

Regards

Srikanth

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     14 January 2024

The unregistered association cannot force you to pay the maintenance amount on its own discretion or arbitrarily .

You can challenge the same in court because they are not authorized authority to maintain the complex in the absence of registration. 

You can file a suit for permanent injunction if they disrupt the services of basic amenities. 

If they pose any threat,  you may initiate appropriate legal action through an advocate. 

The people in your surroundings may tell lot of things to discourage you,  do not budge to any kind of pressure. 

1 Like

Srikanth   14 January 2024

Thanks a ton sir.....i will initiate legal proceedings addressing to builder and other flats owners who are causing mental stress. 

However, during this interim period (from the day of issuing the legal notice) until the dispute is resolved; how much maintenance should i pay?
like for example:- should i calculate price per sqft and pay them or should i continue to pay whatever they are quoting?

Your responses are greatly appreciated and all especially you are doing a wonderfull help

Regards

Srikanth

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     14 January 2024

The dispute is about the quantum of maintenance hence you may even think of not paying any maintenance amount till the dispute is disposed by the appropriate legal forum.

The society cannot do anything violating the law.

Srikanth   15 January 2024

Once again thank you sir...

Happy Shankranti to all !!!!

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     16 January 2024

You are most welcome and thanks for words of apprciation.

Wish you blessful and propspersous Makar Sankranti !!!!!!!!!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register