Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sunaina (student)     03 May 2023

Authorization to collect documents

Dear Members,

I resigned from a school on health ground. They accepted my resignation too.

While joining I submitted my Original Educational Certificates and Post Dated Cheques. For last four months they have not returned my documents, cheques and providing experience letter.

I just moved out of town for few months. They are now insisting that I must come personally come and collect the above documents. I told them that I cant come back to town just for documents and they can be handed over to my spouse. They are not agreeing to it.

My original are lying with them. Is there any remedy or any authorization way I can send them letter to hand over my papers to my husband.

Regards

Learning

2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     03 May 2023

You can submit a letter along with the the authorisation letter authorising your husband to collect the documents on your behalf by getting his specimen signature attested by you in the authorisation letter and get the letter duly notarised and send the same to the shcool by registered post  after which you can follow it up with school authorities before sending your husband to the school to collect the same.

If the school is still refusing to hand over the same, then it would be advisable that you visit the school once and collect the documents personally.

There is no legal provision binding the school; authorties to hand over the original certificates to your representative. 

1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     03 May 2023

Yes, you may may amke a written request duly supported by authorisation in favour of your husband.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register