LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bhika Reghiwale   23 November 2019

Width of National Highway

Sirji, I come to know that my land (DC land) is encroched by the National Highway road on road side.
The road is pretty old. They converted it from single lane to double lane in past & now they have given me competition recently by measuring recently in metres. By inquiry it is told that the widdth of old two lane high way is 30 mtrs. The points rises in mind that

1) how the distance from center is to be measured.
2) In their answer given for measurement between road center & land border in 15 mtrs is correct?
1) how the old records of old road widdth is founded ? and exact encrochment is know ?

Please ans query in details & not for race.
Thanks

Learning

4 Replies

Sb Karma   23 November 2019

Originally posted by : Bhika Reghiwale
Sirji, I come to know that my land (DC land) is encroched by the National Highway road on road side.The road is pretty old. They converted it from single lane to double lane in past & now they have given me competition recently by measuring recently in metres. By inquiry it is told that the widdth of old two lane high way is 30 mtrs. The points rises in mind that 1) how the distance from center is to be measured.2) In their answer given for measurement between road center & land border in 15 mtrs is correct?1) how the old records of old road widdth is founded ? and exact encrochment is know ?Please ans query in details & not for race.Thanks

File RTI for information about this.

To file consult local RTI activist/lawyer to file RTI to NHAI .

Because online answer will not satisfy your query,without seeing facts and documents.

So pls consult local lawyer.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     24 November 2019

State laws also apply in your case.

It is advisable to consult a local prudent lawyer for better appreciation of facts/documents, guidance and proceeding.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     24 November 2019

The following is your problem: (verbatim)

"I come to know that my land (DC land) is encroched by the National Highway road on road side."

First make a written complaint with such encroachment details to NHAI and also grievance in pgrms online portal.  Study their response and if it is not convincing then get a legal notice issued after getting a survey certificate from the competent local authority.

1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     25 November 2019

Admittedly, you have received compensation. As such, this is a case of land acquisition than encroachment. You have the option is getting a reference to the competent court raising all the points of dispute as to the compensation awarded.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register