LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vijay kumar (Tutor)     08 November 2014

How to send a legal notice ?

it has been over 6 months since i am trying to get my bsnl bill rectified , i have written complain to cgm , gm , applet authority , meet with authorities , sent complains to dot , but bsnl fails to resolve the issue i want to present this case at consumer forum i have been told i will need to send legal notice to BSNL how to do that ? i do not want to engage a lawyer to represent my petition as consumer forum i want to do this by myself.

Learning

6 Replies

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     08 November 2014

What exactly do you mean by legal notice? Do you mean notice by a lawyer? If so you approach a lawyer and he will do the needful. If you yourself want to send a notice all letters you have sent so far amount to notices. In any case if you want to send a final notice stating therein how much you owe them according to you, refund the excess paid if you have already paid the bill amount or not to take any action for not paying their bill, if you have not paid their bill. You can also write in the same letter that you will be filing complaint in the consumer court if they do not act on your letter. Authorities like BSNL often try to take shelter under a Supreme Court judgment by the now famous Justice Markantay Katju under Section 7B of the Indian Telegraph Act, 1988. If they do so come here again.
1 Like

Praveen (Business)     09 November 2014

i need legal information for unoccupied cultivate lands . what i will Proceed legal action ?

jyotirmaya behera (advocate)     09 November 2014

put the formula of right to information Act you most get you answer.

vijay kumar (Tutor)     09 November 2014

@Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech] indian telegraph act is irrelvant for telecom providers , it only protects dot , a memorandum from ministry has been released which has reached all the consumer forums , i have confirmed at local forum .

bsnl has been providing deficient services , breached consumer charter and trai regulations , over charged me , changed my plan and tarrif without my consent and not did not inform , and on the top of that they are not ready to accept their error , i ran from pillar to post , no official is ready to take the responsiblity .

at consumer forum i was told , i need to send a legal notice , i do not know what a legal notice is ,

i already have sent written letters to cgm , gm and appelete authority over this matter it has been two months and no action has been taken ,

if that letter will be counted as legal notice i am good to go ,

or there is a thing called notice on some kind of official paper ? or judicial paper , or any format , which i need to send , i will like to send that .

i do not want to involve a lawyer as i am a student and i do not have money to pay to lawyer .

i no longer want to visit bsnl official i have been doing that for last 6 months ,

i am liver patient and i suffer from liver tumor , i have suffer enough , i want to file for deficient services and harrasment . i am ready for supreme court , but i wont live them untill they pay fine , i do not mind where fine goes , some trust , or me , i just want them to be punished for curel and cold acts and their malpractice . thanks . for answering .

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     10 November 2014

If and when you want to file a Consumer Complaint you prepare your written complaint, go to the Consumer Forum having jurisdiction and file the complaint along with the prescribed fee by demand draft drawn in favour of the President of the Forum. After generally checking your affidavit and accepting your complaint the clerk or Office Superintendent concerned will give you a date of hearing. At that first hearing only you will be called and not the Opposite Party. At the hearing you will have to present your case. The Forum would decode whether to admit your case or not. If they admit your case they will send copy of your submissions to the Opposite Party. That would set in motion the proceedings. If the Forum feels that prima facie you have no case they will dismiss your case at the admission stage itself and issue orders. When and where were you told a legal notice? Was it at the admission hearing? There is no need for a legal notice under the Consumer Protection Act. The Office Superintendent of the Forum has no business to ask you to send a legal notice. I appreciate that you do not want to engage a lawyer. I myself do not engage any lawyer for my cases before the Forum. You have already sent letters to various authorities. You prepare a fresh updated letter stating clearly what is your complaint and what you want BSNL to do. Send your complaint to the office which sent you the bill. In your letter you give time say 15 days or one month to BSNL to rectify. Also mention that if they fail to rectify within the period given by you, you will be filing your complaint before the Consumer Forum. After the expiry of the notice period you file your complaint along with copies of all documents to date. If you still do not know how to proceed send me a PM.

vijay kumar (Tutor)     18 December 2014

@Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech] ,

sir i did what you said , but bsnl is not ready to correct their errors . so sir i have sent you a pm , can you please guide me . how to go on filing the petition , paying the requisite fee .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register