LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Swami Sadashiva Brahmendra Sar (Nil)     13 September 2009

Thought of the week

A person's command over others is proportionate to his self control.

Learning

8 Replies

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     13 September 2009

You are absolutely right but plz prove your vesion with simple example.

1 Like

(Guest)

Yes, a wonderful thought of the week .

1 Like

Sachin Bhatia (Advocate)     13 September 2009

Very right
1 Like

Swami Sadashiva Brahmendra Sar (Nil)     14 September 2009

Know thyself , everything will be known to you. command yourself, others will abide by your commands.

1 Like

Arun Krishnan (Student)     14 September 2009

Thats true..a person who knows himself,and has a command over himself ,will have a command over others.

I'm tempted to ask a question:Will a man who has earned a command over himself,who know himself,ever wish a command over others?

why would he need a command over others?

I remember a quote from 'Zorba The Greek' by -Nikos Kazantzakis-"the highest point a man can attain is not Knowledge, or Virtue, or Goodness, or Victory, but something even greater, more heroic and more despairing: Sacred Awe!"

Is it because he needs a sacred awe that he wants a command over others?And is it because of it that he earned self control?

1 Like

Mr Arun Krishnan's query is very relevant. This is a serious question in the field of morality and spirituality. It is true that a  person who has attained command over himself would never desire to rule the others. But,  it will happen automatically. He  need not to command others but he will command automatically. Knowing oneself is knowing the God. After knowing the Self or God nothing remains to know. At this stage he is inseverable from others. He will not command others rather he will be commanding himself. He will be in every one and everyone will be within him. Scholars of phisics can better explain this theory .

Further, a person can not attain perfect command over himself if he tries to do so with an object to command others. His desire to command others itself is a disqualification in attaining perfection. The point can be illustrated by a reference to the Upanishadic rishis Vasishtha and Vishwamitra. Power of Vasishtha was automatic result of his self control. on the other hand power of Vishwamitra was a desired one and prejudiced. He tried to attain the power with a view to become superior than Vasishtha. This is why he could not attain the status parallel to Vasishtha.

The question raised by Mr. Arun is difficult to be answered in few sentences. I have tried to hint the answer in aforesaid words.

1 Like

Arun Krishnan (Student)     14 September 2009

Thank you sir

I appologize if the discussion moulded to more serious spirituality !

I bring the original point to a quotation "Yatha Raja tatha Praja" or a quotation from shrimadbhagvadgeeta that "Yadyadyacharati shreshthastadtadevetaro janah" . Both these quotations mean that, the masses follow the conduct of leader / king / high persons.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register