LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

bodhi (Manager)     25 December 2011

Property settlement

My wife had a her share in her mother's property and her mother is no more. When there was a settlement, her family gave less money and got her signed papers at registrar office. Is there something could be done about that. 

Thanks 

Learning

6 Replies

dipender kumar (advocate)     25 December 2011

Facts are not enough.  If there is a fraud, it can be challenged in court.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply.

She was given 3lack rupees and was invited to sign the documents. After signing that she could check it was 8 lac. Its 3 yrs ago. Still, there is no serious issue, she feels she could have been informed or treated in honorable way.  So she wants to challnge after a long time dilemma. 

Self service (None)     25 December 2011

She can challenge as signature not sufficient all supporting  transactions required from both sides.

1 Like

Thanks, I understand signing in front of registrar is not enough proof transaction is required. Am I right?

Debashis Datta (student)     26 December 2011

my mother was died without giving me the property as gift deed, how do I get registrad deed

Debashis Datta

bodhi (Manager)     18 March 2012

//My wife had a her share in her mother's property and her mother is no more. When there was a settlement, her family gave less money and got her signed papers at registrar office. Is there something could be done about that. //

My lawyer says it unlikely to file a case. I don't believe so. What are the documentary evidence they need to prove that they paid? 

Thanks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register