Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Joe (Manager)     07 November 2012

Consumer court

Hi,

I have a situation. I had approched a company for visa application procession. The prepared all my paperwork and sent it to me after which it was my responsibility to submit the papers to the consulates/vfs office to take the process forward. I paid the required consulate visa fees.

I had to delay my visit to the visa office to submit the documents due to some personal issues, but I was always keeping my visa procession co-ordinator of my status. After about 3 months from the day I received the documents I setup my appointment to visit the vfs office to submit the document. I informed my co-ordinator about my appointment with the vfs office  4 days before my actual travel to the vfs office to check if there are any changes or if I am ok to submit. I got a green signal from him. 

My visa got rejected reason was the visa fees that I paid was increased in between the time I paid and my document submittion. If my coordinator had checked and informed me of the difference when I informed of the travel to the vfs office this whole rejection could have been avoided. Now that the visa is rejected I am asking for a fee refund and they are siting contrcts and claming only talking of a 25% refund but I am asking for a 50% as this rejection could have been completed avoided and it was simple due to their neglegence. 

Can I do something 

Please advice. 

thanks

Joe

Learning

4 Replies

Md Zaryab J Rizvi (Principal Partner)     08 November 2012

Dear Joe,

Yes you have remedies. But every remedy is subject to the documentation that you have entered and also the communicatiob that has been exchanged amongst you.

regards,

Zaryab 

Joe (Manager)     08 November 2012

Dear Zaryab,

Thanks for the reply, I understand the documentation I have does say a refund of 15 to 20% if there is a rejection it does not say the kinds of rejection. I have a clear email trace of all the communications between me and the company agent.

My argument is more on the fact that it is a clear case of negligience from their side, they had ample opportunity and time to make sure that this does not happen. If the rejection was because of my issue or I just did not qualify then I understand but here they just did not care. 

Thanks

Joe

MOTILAL JHALANI (N.A.)     25 November 2012

Wheather the Consumer Court can pass order against Railway for passanger baggage damaged by Rats.

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     25 November 2012

No,Consumer Forum has no jurisdiction to try such cases .You have to approach Railway  claim Tribunal

Jurisdiction of Tribunal:

(1) The Claims Tribunal exercises all such jurisdiction, powers and authority as were exercisable immediately by any Civil Court or a Claims Commissioner appointed under the provisions of The Railways Act,-

(a) relating to the responsibility of the railway administrations as carriers under Chapter VII        of  The Railways Act in respect of claims for-

(i) compensation for loss, destruction, damages, deterioration or non-delivery of animals or    goods entrusted to a railway administration for carriage by railway ;

(ii) compensation payable under Sec.124 & 124A  of  The Railways Act or the rules made thereunder; and

(b) in respect of the claims for refund of fares or part thereof or for refund of any freight paid in respect of animals or goods entrusted to a railway administration to be carried by railwa

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register