Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anoop Prasad (Corporate Employee)     08 July 2010

Complaint Regarding Form 16 (TDS Certificate)

Hi, All

What is the procedure for complaining, if the employer fails to issue form 16 (TDS certificate, Tax deducted on salary ) untill last date of submission of Income Tax Return.

Please suggest  its urgent for me .

Thanks and regards

Anoop Prasad

Learning

4 Replies

Abhishek Bansal (ADVOCATE)     08 July 2010

if your employer has not deposited TDS deducted from your salary & also not filed TDS return, i.e., if he is defaulter, then no solution instead of filing case against them, but if he has deposited tax & has also filed the return but not giving the certificate for any other reason, then you can file file your return online, by knowing figures only, income tax site confirm your TDS deducted by its own.

Hope this help you,

Regards,

Abhishek Bansal

Advocate

Vineet (Director)     09 July 2010

There is no need for Form 16 as such if your employer has deposied the TDs and filed TDS return mentioning your correct PAN.

You can register for online view of your tax credit for 26AS at nsdl site. If you hve e-filed your return, such facility is also availiable on efiling site also.

Still you will need TAN of your employer for efiling of your return. You can get the same from form 26AS.

If your employer has not deposited the TDS even after deduction, he is a defaulter and you can make complaint against him with the relevant TDS authorities.

ritu ranjan jha (advocate,income tax)     12 July 2010

if ur employer denying to issue form 16 , then u may complain in written to the ITO (TDS) . This is only measure & the AO will take appropriate action against the deductor . he may impose penalty of rs. 100 for each day of default . u may file ur return without TDS AS the TDS certificate is not necessary   with return & when it comes to ur hand u may submit the same on demand. & another measure is to forward copy 2 to the banking ombudsman .

thanks

RITU RANJAN JHA

ADVOCATE, PATNA 

Ammamuddin Ahmed (CEO)     29 July 2013

DEAR SIR/MADAM,

i HAVE ALREADY FILED MY TDS (ASSESMENT YEAR 2012) 6 MONTHS A GO BUT TILL TODAY THE REFUND HAS NOT BEEN MADE .

MOREOVER THE CPC BANGALERU CALL CENTER EXECUTIVES ARE UNABLE TO SOLVE MY PROBLEM AND THEY EVEN DON'T GIVE ME THE EXACT TIME WHEN IT WILL BE REFUNDED THEY ONLY INFORMED ME THAT IT IS UNDER PROCESS,

KINDLY LET ME KNOW HOW TO SOLVE MY PROBLE.

WITH REGARDS,

A.AHMED

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register