Upgrad LLM

company is not paying my money


I worked for a company located in Mumbai Thane as a freelance content writer to complete an order. I completed the order and submitted the same to them, but they didn't pay for many days after the submission. The total amount for the work order was 22,500 INR. When I started calling and emailing them continuously day after day, week after week, they paid me only 5000 INR. And when I told them to pay the rest of the amount, they said they don't have money and will take time. Since then. three months have already gone by and now they have blocked my phone number, don't answer to my emails, and have completely decided to not pay me anything. They still owe me a sum of 18,500 INR and they are not paying me. In fact, I warned them that I would take a legal action against them, but they said I can do whatever I want and I will be the only one in loss at the end. 

I went to labor court here in Delhi and they told me they cannot do anything because It's a case of Mumbai, so it's not in their hands. Also, I went to lodge a compaint at a nearby police station, but they also said the same thing, it's an outside case. Now, I want to ask can anyone help me in this. Will I not get my money back ever just because it's a Mumbai case? Where should I go now? What should I do? Won't anyone listen in Delhi just because It's a Mumbai case? Please help me. 18,500 INR is a big amount for me. 

Isn't there a system through which I can file a complaint against the company in Mumbai? Please help me.

Lawyer at Supreme Court of India

Sir, Send them a legal notice to recover the money .... Warm Regards Kapil Chandna Adv 9899011450

Total likes : 1 times



where have you submitted the content thus in mumbai or in delhi

if delhi means they do have branch then you can give that address in the police station and make a company responsible person as party as jurisdiction part will come before that first consult a local lawyer and take his assistance to send a legal notice to them


Were you employed by this company? You can go to labor court if there is an Industrial Dispute...... Or you can file for recovery thru court...

You can send a legal demand notice to the company demanding your due amount, if they dont respond properly, you may choose legal course of action.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x