LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

priya (NA)     06 December 2012

Claiming a share of flat based on money spent

One flat is registered jointly with my husband and his lady friend.I signed as witness.There is some relationship dispute going on between me and his lady friend.

All money given given by me and my husband for flat purchased  in the form of DD directly to subregister offer from our bank account.

His lady friend is not working and she didnot contibute any things but property is registered on her name too.

Can i claim that i too owned that flat since i have paid money ?

What can i do legally so that she will transfer her share my name too because now she is telling it is her property and she has rights to give anyone ?

A gift deed or WILL will work here if she denied to transfer her name to my name.

Please help me with possible options.


 1 Replies

ankur tripathi (Asst Manager)     08 December 2012

legally she has equal right in the property and the property cannot be sold without anybodys concent ... neither ur husband sell it alone nor she can sell without ur husbands concent. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query