LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kranthi (retainer advocate)     05 August 2010


Mr. A took a hand loan from Mr.B for an amount of Rs.1,00,000/- for business purpose and executed a promissory note infavour Of Mr.B. And Mr.A is not paid any amount now he is not appearing his family is there.

Here Mr.C has to pay an amount of Rs.80,000/- to Mr.A and executed a pronote in favour of Mr.A. Here Mr.C Is ready to pay the Rs.80,000/- to Mr.B

Can Mr.B take that amount from Mr.C ? And what procedure to be followed? Is It Valid discharge on the part of Mr.C?


 3 Replies

Bobby Mani T (Lawyer)     05 August 2010

It is better to file a case agaist mr A and make C a party and obtain a garneshee order.  Then only it will be a proper discharge of Mr. C's loan

N RAMESH. (Advocate Chennai. Formerly Civil Judge. Mobile.09444261613)     05 August 2010

Yes. Mr B can take the amount from C.

A receipt acknowledging the payment by C towards liability of A to B will do and it is sufficient.



sangam kumar (Web Maseter)     04 August 2012



Taxation Lawyer New Delhi - Mumbai, Chennai, Hyderabad


Taxation lawyer New Delhi, business tax, tax in new Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, pune, Bombay, salary tax, employment tax, goods tax, iris attorney, attorney California tax, tax lawyer, lawyer tax, lawyers tax, types of lawyers, tax layer, property tax lawyers.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query