LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Daniel Martin (Nusin)     24 December 2019

Charity Commison

can charity commission interfere in internal matters of churches and solve
or else who has the authority to interfere if complaint given on individual basis no majority nothing


 4 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Telangana state Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     25 December 2019

The Charity Commission undertakes a number of quasi-judicial functions where it uses powers similar to those of the High Court. This includes:

  • establishing a scheme for the administration of a charity;
  • appointing, discharging or removing a charity trustee or trustee for a charity, or removing an officer or employee;
  • vesting or transferring property, or requiring or entitling any person to call for or make any transfer of property or any payment.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     25 December 2019

First make a written complaint to all concerned including Charity Commissioner.  The churches may be under the direct control of Bishops.  After getting a response you can proceed further.

1 Like

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     26 December 2019

If you are an aggrieved party by the malfunctioning of the trust or the governing body of the church, you can very well submit an application to complain about mal-administration and the irregularities or misappropriation of funds or embezzlement of accounts etc.

The charity commissioner can very well institute inquiry on the basis of the complaint made.

In a first such effort, charity commissioner S G Dige has embarked on a mission to end disputes in the trusts registered under Maharashtra Trust act in a time bound manner. 


Daniel Martin (Nusin)     07 January 2020

Can complaints be forward to charity only as church matter not a trust

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register