Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Car rear body accident - how claim

hi,

my car got hit from behind few days back. some damages to the rear bumper. the person at fault was polite enough to share his phone number ,to call him for anything, and i took pictures of the accident scene and vehicle and noted the numbers ,but what is the procedure next. should i file a police complaint wtih all these details? with who?

or what is the exact procedure i should have followed?. should i have collected the money for damages right at the spot from the other drive or should i have called the traffic police/regular police. how do i assess how much to collect, if i had to collect at the spot as mine is not a full bumper to bumper coverage. other wrise it would have been a matter of 1000rs plus NCB loss.

please clarify how ruls works here in india as i recently moved from abroad.

Learning

3 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     14 January 2018

What is the dispute involved in the procedural query to be considered, analysed and advised by legal experts on this platform?

No spoon feeding for such question.

r vasudevan capt (visiting faculty )     14 January 2018

dear sir a very  uncivil reply to say the least. this is an open forum ,theres no need to be demeaning just because the post is probably by a person new to indian procedures which  we all know to be extremely tricky .

P. Venu (Advocate)     14 January 2018

The incident involved, as revealed by the facts posted, was trivial. It is not worth proceeding with any legal claim . It is a matter discretion on your part whether the matter need to be escalated and any informal compensation sought.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register