LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Guest (n/a)     08 January 2009

Car parking for tenant denied

Dear members, Society has a common parking space , where everyone parks their car or 2 wheelers there & 90% of society members have not purchased car parking, only 10 % have .But few of the members harass my tenant and do not allow the car to park even if there is a space available .He is even ready to take the car in the buiding late at night and remove it early morning.If i pay the society maintenance charges reqularly(in fact I am the only who pay it in time or even in advance ), why I don`t get all the facilities like others ?(including parking to me (or my tenant on my behalf))

Learning

4 Replies

Nu.Delhi.Law.Fora. (Advocate-on-Record Supreme Court of India)     08 January 2009

It depends on the society rules/regulations that you are bound by. If you are allowed, subsequent user being your legitimate tenant can use the said parking. Idea is that tenant does not derive better power (read facilities) than the lanlords.  Secondly, it could be a case that you might not have informed the office bearers the factum of tenancy, in writing.  If you did so, no way the society can object the legitimate and fair use of premises by your tenant. Speak to the society office bearers, if no yield, pl seek appropriate advice from your lawyer. And to start with, you may issue a legal notice to start legal process. Rest depends on the advices you would receive subsequently, should you choose to do so. Trust this would suffice.

RAKHI BUDHIRAJA ADVOCATE (LAWYER AT BUDHIRAJA & ASSOCIATES SUPREME COURT OF INDIA)     09 January 2009

I do agree with Advocate Rabin Majumder

Sushil Kumar Bhatia (Advocate)     09 January 2009

Dear,

You have hired the service of society which include the car parking If society refused car parking to your tenant which ammount refusal of hired service  and deficiency etc.within the ambit of consumer protection act.

bdm (housewife)     18 September 2009

Hi members

We have rented a house with 11month agreement. Now the owner is insisting that we pay 1000rs extra towards maintenance after completion of only 6 months. But as per agreement maintenence is included. ( When we said maintenence is already included as per agreement he says what agreement, thats nothing ) .Now he is teling us to vacate if we do not pay extra 1000 Rs. Also he is instructing  the security to not to allow to park our vehicle inside the apartment parking. Please advice on what we can do

Thanks and rgds

bdm

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register